Andy Halliday

Escobar

Love it how he seems to realise he won't start the majority of games but he also realises how important he is to the squad. Gerrard must be loving having him around the dressing room and training ground too.

If he keeps stepping in when called upon and carrying out the job he is asked to do then happydays all round man.

The turnaround in him is remarkable. Gerrard has given him his confidence back.

Gerrard clearly values, appreciates and trusts Halliday and both the versatility and attitude he brings.

We don't see it every day but he does, and he's clearly got improvement out of the player.

Halliday has done well all season, long may it continue.

There is mo doubt his performances have improved but some are still bitching about him!

Improving the players increases their sell on value so keep AH or let him go it's good for the club. It would be a nice change to get fees for players rather than pay them off.

I think his criticism was deserved even if as usual some online personal abuse was over the top, and I don't deny he'd have been one of the first I'd have shown the door in the summer clear out

Gerrard has obviously seen something in Halliday worth working with however and it's going very well, he's more than earning his place in the squad at them moment

Halliday must be ecstatic reading that and fair play to him. He has received and still gets more than his fair share of criticism and it’s starting to become undue. To have gone away this summer thinking that his Rangers career was over would have been an awful time for any Rangers fan - so to come back and reinvent himself almost is a credit to him. Does nothing spectacular but if he can keep grinding out decent performances then it’s great to have these characters around the place. I actually think he should have started against the tarriers. 

2 hours ago, chris182 said:

That’s right ?

Does the fact SG “rates” him make him a world beater like? 

The fact is that in terms of footballing ability I think we need better.

No but he obviously brings enough to the team to make him a valuable squad player. He's not in our 3 best midfield players, even centre midfield , but he's a utility player who can do a job when required. We need these players, and always have. 

1 minute ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Had a 91% pass completion on Thursday night 

That might be true for tip tap 3 yard passes and backward passes but when you watch the game again and concentrate on the amount of times he gets muscled off the ball/dispossessed it’s quite frightening.

His first touch often leads to his 2nd touch being a tackle.

I like the guy but imho he’s just not good enough.

4 minutes ago, Carsons Dog said:

That might be true for tip tap 3 yard passes and backward passes but when you watch the game again and concentrate on the amount of times he gets muscled off the ball/dispossessed it’s quite frightening.

His first touch often leads to his 2nd touch being a tackle.

I like the guy but imho he’s just not good enough.

Exactly!

Embarrassing folk were comparing his pass rate to Cazorla's given some of the unbelievable balls Cazorla pulled off and attempted.

From memory to name a few balls ups there was a simple pass out to Barisic under no pressure that he skelped out of play, a miscontrolled first touch out on the right wing after a corner or attack by us that led to Villarreal going up the other end and nearly scoring, and a good bit of play to win the ball defensively on the left for us before booting it out for a throw in again under no pressure.

I'm not against having him fill in here and there, particularly to give better players a rest when we're playing opposition we should beat, but all this talk of him putting in great performances and being MoTM etc. needs called out for the absolute bollocks it is.

23 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Exactly!

Embarrassing folk were comparing his pass rate to Cazorla's given some of the unbelievable balls Cazorla pulled off and attempted.

From memory to name a few balls ups there was a simple pass out to Barisic under no pressure that he skelped out of play, a miscontrolled first touch out on the right wing after a corner or attack by us that led to Villarreal going up the other end and nearly scoring, and a good bit of play to win the ball defensively on the left for us before booting it out for a throw in again under no pressure.

I'm not against having him fill in here and there, particularly to give better players a rest when we're playing opposition we should beat, but all this talk of him putting in great performances and being MoTM etc. needs called out for the absolute bollocks it is.

He was good last weekend at home against the worst team in the league. That's probably his level.

It's too early to say if Andy has turned a corner or not, judge him at the end of the season.

I hope he does great ( think he deserves it when you think of the shite he had to put up with),just please don't play him at left back.

So far he's done well, keep it up

32 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Says manager of the year. Remember our manager has managed to make us, so far, the only unbeaten Scottish team in Europe this year. I'll trust his opinion over yoursany day.

The manager needs to spend less time fucking about on the training ground and more time reading this board if he wants to make a success of his career here ??