******The Official Rangers vs Ayr United thread******

GOAT

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn’t rest too many first team players on Wednesday and certainly wouldn’t have Sadiq anywhere near the starting 11. Ayr might be a championship team but they’re sitting top of the league and are having a great start to the season so they’ll be well up for it. The boy Shankland is on fire as well. If he keeps up his form I’d seriously want us to sign him in the winter transfer window as 3rd choice striker and fuck Sadiq back off to Roma. 

There should be no need to play this tie and we should be given a bye. It will be carnage. :lol:

TBH I hope Steven does a good bit of rotation and build up the togetherness as a squad. All with a role to play and a contribution to be made if we are to take this title and put all those fucking haters to the sword, particularly those scum in the east end.

Let's go!

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Fod

McCrorie Worrall Katic  Flanagan

Dorrans Halliday Ejaria

Grezda Sadiq Middleton

Total revamp, get Dorrans, Grezda a game under their belts and rest the others hopefully should have more than enough to go through 

I'd go with this team. 

Is Mcauley still injured? If not I'd use him at some point. 

If Sadiq doesn't start this one we should be looking at terminating the loan in January. If he can't be trusted vs ayr who can he be trusted against. 

Nobody said it yet - but Ayr are top of their table, scoring goals and only 1 defeat this year. Would love to see us puting out pretty much a B team as we have a very busy fixture list coming up and now have the luxury of International players again.

But - would not dismiss them. We need a water tight defence.

12 hours ago, GOAT said:

Couldnae see one.  Need to run up a big win on Wednesday again and keep the ruthlessness going.

Fod 

Flanagan Worral Katic Wallace

Halliday McCrorie

Grezda (if fit?) Dorrans Middleton

Morelos

I can't see us starting with Middleton, Dorrans and Grezda. I think Middleton will start as he is match fit. Dorrans may also start, failing that get a good half hour. I hope to see Grezda at some point in the game.

I would go with

Fod

Flanagan     Katic      Worrall      Wallace

McCrorie

Grezda        Dorrans    Ejaria     Middleton

Sadiq

15 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Surely nobody wants to play Sadiq he’s looked woeful better cutting our losses there and sending him back to Roma 

He deserves at least one chance to show how he ended up at Roma.  Also Morelos really needs a rest.  He looked knackered at the end of the game yesterday.  With Lafferty not available, who are the other alternatives?  It could've been Rudden but he's out on loan as well.

Archived