Sadiq

KingKirk

• 4 weeks later...

I see the big guy was on the bench on Sunday. I think it's unlikely he'll feature against Aberdeen but maybe he's got something to contribute still? I'm all for players who have been written off proving us wrong, it would be great if he could do that so we'd have another option and not just a bit of dead wood.

2 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

I see the big guy was on the bench on Sunday. I think it's unlikely he'll feature against Aberdeen but maybe he's got something to contribute still? I'm all for players who have been written off proving us wrong, it would be great if he could do that so we'd have another option and not just a bit of dead wood.

If he doesnt start questions need to be asked of Mr Gerrard. I think his effect is starting to wear off. IMO 

I think if Sadiq hasn't taken the month to prepare himself. Since the public outing from Gerrard then he should be let go and his place should be given to Zak Rudden (recalled from Falkirk) who scored in a friendly and could play the role of Sadiq.

5 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

IMO not at all mate. The cracks have been papered over for weeks. I expect us to lose the next 2 games and Stevie will be off by Monday. 

It would have been sooner had the ref not gifted us the game on Sunday, pressure has undoubtely been building because we couldn't win away from home domestically. A fluke win V Hamilton changes nothing imo.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

It would have been sooner had the ref not gifted us the game on Sunday, pressure has undoubtely been building because we couldn't win away from home domestically. A fluke win V Hamilton changes nothing imo.

Did you know that 58% of our passes are incomplete this year and we have the shortest passing stats. That means our players are failing at easier passes than the likes of Motherwell. And our manager was a midfielder. 

2 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Did you know that 58% of our passes are incomplete this year and we have the shortest passing stats. That means our players are failing at easier passes than the likes of Motherwell. And our manager was a midfielder. 

Seeing the stats laid out like that makes it worse imo.

1 minute ago, Dan Deacon said:

I knew our manager (and assistant) were both top midfielders in their day but that goes for nothing when entering management, christ look at Ally who was a top striker and useless at management (but did something Stevie hasn't managed by beating the beggars).

This threatens to be Ally all over again, maybe worse.

As for our pass completion rate, I'm surprised it's so high as it seems most passes go astray.

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I knew our manager (and assistant) were both top midfielders in their day but that goes for nothing when entering management, christ look at Ally who was a top striker and useless at management (but did something Stevie hasn't managed by beating the beggars).

As for our pass completion rate, I'm surprised it's so high as it seems most passes go astray.

Folk will be on blaming the pitches soon enough. And I agree Gerrard has not beaten celtic yet and that just is not good enough. 

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Our crossing rate must be piss poor as well, I've genuinely never seen Candieas beat a man.

Just now, Dan Deacon said:

Folk will be on blaming the pitches soon enough. And I agree Gerrard has not beaten celtic yet and that just is not good enough. 

I'm sick of hearing the pitch excuse tbh, it's the same pitch for both teams ffs get on with it.

Nah I am giving him a wee bit more time to beat celtic mate, but what I will say is that we will never ever beat them if he keeps setting them up like a bunch of timid bully victims every time we play them.

Just now, superallysbears said:

Fuck sake we should be 4 points better off if we'd had a bit of luck at Aberdeen and motherwell, we've had two or three bad performances granted, win the next two and you'll all be getting carried away again, stevies doing fine imo. 

Not surprising you have that viewpoint with that avatar

Just now, Bronzy said:

Our crossing rate must be piss poor as well, I've genuinely never seen Candieas beat a man.

Mate, Candeias has been playing football professionaly for about 15 years and still hasn't beat a man, probably never done it as a youth either.

I'd call him a charlatan but at least he can tackle sometimes.

2 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Fuck sake we should be 4 points better off if we'd had a bit of luck at Aberdeen and motherwell, we've had two or three bad performances granted, win the next two and you'll all be getting carried away again, stevies doing fine imo. 

numpty