Sadiq

KingKirk

4 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Having a manager who realises one of his signings is not good enough and therefore doesn't play him is refreshing after what we've been through. A bit like the Souness era. A player doesn't fit he gets shipped out asap.

We've signed some horrendous players in recent years, but because everyone except the manager seemed to know they were duds, they kept getting picked to play. Glad to see these days are gone.

Agreed. I think this player will be sold on come January transfer window. I hope the club can make some sort of profit from his sale.

6 hours ago, BlueMe said:

Halliday reacted far worse than Morelos did when he got caught and the ref never booked him for shouting at him. Joke of a yellow tbh, from another shocking ref.

But no one has any idea what either player actually said, Morelos has a bad rep - that's all his own doing - if he's now on the refs radar he should not be reacting at all.

It is indefensible, Morelos had and still has only himself to blame.

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

But no one has any idea what either player actually said, Morelos has a bad rep - that's all his own doing - if he's now on the refs radar he should not be reacting at all.

The red probably doesn't even know what Morelos said unless he speaks Colombian. Joke decision.

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Unless Bobby Madden can speak Spanish, then he's sending him off based on his reactions, and to me, Halliday reacted far worse. 

I'm not defending Morelos, but his so called reputation has been built up so much in the media that he doesn't stand a chance. Tonight was another example of that imo.

9 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Unless Bobby Madden can speak Spanish, then he's sending him off based on his reactions, and to me, Halliday reacted far worse. 

I'm not defending Morelos, but his so called reputation has been built up so much in the media that he doesn't stand a chance. Tonight was another example of that imo.

How, what happens tonight?

13 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Booking him.

He seemed to call Halliday over as captain to get him to mediate or something when he was initially talking to Morelos. No yellow at that point. Morelos then gave another shrug and shake of head which he got booked for. 

It's ridiculous refereeing, too many pedantic headmaster like performances where they act like they're disciplining kids. 

Nowhere does it say that players need to accept decisions and walk away reactionless. They're not allowed to be aggressive, swear, approach ref and challenge decision etc, and it doesn't seem like he has done any of those.

He gets booked because he's Morelos whilst far worse goes unpunished.

9 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

My point is none of us know what was said... but some are assuming it was nothing worth being sent off for. Some are even assuming it must be in a language the ref didn't understand.

If that's the type of delusion people want to implant to make Morelos out to be the good guy then fair enough.

I rather deal with facts;

1 We do not know what was said

2 Morelos has given himself a bad reputation

3 When a player has a bad reputation referees often are more aware of those players

4 Morelos has no one to blame but himself for the bad reputation

5 Morelos should not be reacting at all

6 Morelos has been told time and time again and he's still reacting - so he's not very smart

3 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

My point is none of us know what was said... but some are assuming it was nothing worth being sent off for. Some are even assuming it must be in a language the ref didn't understand.

If that's the type of delusion people want to implant to make Morelos out to be the good guy then fair enough.

3 When a player has a bad reputation referees often are more aware of those players

6 Morelos has been told time and time again and he's still reacting - so he's not very smart

7 Bobby Madden is a shite cunt of a ref

20 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Most of what you've said above is opinion based not fact. Though much I do agree with.

You're effectively saying refs are conscious of an individual player's reputation which may pre meditate their decision to treat and discipline him differently from others. I agree, and that's wrong.

Refs are there to impose rules impartially, that's not happening. Parity for all you could say ?. And whilst you're right that the only way for Morelos not to get booked is for him to be emotionless, again it's wrong when others don't get treated similarly and get away with obvious dissent type conduct.

He DOES have to learn to walk away, but only because he is being persecuted as an individual more than any other player I know of in scotland and he suffers as does the club due to sending a off/suspensions not because he's fully in the wrong. And I think that's worth focussing on much more than on him.

10 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Exactly, so the booking must be for his reactions. So why not book Halliday? 

I agree, to an extent. But i don't think it's anywhere close to being as bad as made out, and he certainly shouldn't be getting bookings based on reputation.

If refs are going into games with a pre judged view on players, then the games fucked tbh. 

Again, i agree, but the media focus on him is ridiculous, when other players do far worse but nothing is said.

The same could be said for every other player tbh. 99.9% don't get booked for it.

He gets frustrated, hopefully with age and experience that will go. I wouldn't want him changing completely, his aggression is a huge part of his game.