Ryan Kent

kris1984

Sending him and Ejaria up here is good business for Liverpool. Young players who would be sitting in the stand or playing reserves are getting to play in front of 50,000 fans not to mention loads of European experience. They should be paying us FFS!

Point is that we are first in the queue for future youngsters and I’d be happy with one or two of that standard arriving at Ibrox each season.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

Don't think Liverpool would be hard to deal with at all for either player with Gerrard being our manager.

As much as I think both have been fantastic for us, they aren't at the level to be near Liverpool's first team. So if we can't get them on permanent deals I don't see any reason Liverpool wouldn't give both another year on Loan with us.

37 minutes ago, toolongawake said:

As much as I think both have been fantastic for us, they aren't at the level to be near Liverpool's first team. So if we can't get them on permanent deals I don't see any reason Liverpool wouldn't give both another year on Loan with us.

Extending their loans is a possibility since they're getting plenty of game time here.  Liverpool might want them to spend a season in the Championship and if they do that's where they'll end up.  There's no way we could afford to buy both of them.

On a relate note, how much do we need to spend to get Coulibaly in on a permanent?  He's a guy we could realistically make our own and should be a top priority signing.

1 minute ago, Marky. said:

Jordan Ibe went for £15m!

Would not be against both of these guys staying but can’t imagine either would be permanent deals.

Pointless comparing ibe who played over 50 times for Liverpool to Kent and Ejaria who won't get near the team.

If Kent & Ejaria keep improving under good coaching (they’ve got better every game) they could reach really high levels. 

Ejaria has added physicality & bite to his game, something he never had previously. He has the talent to go all the way.

1 hour ago, TheKingObv said:

Pointless comparing ibe who played over 50 times for Liverpool to Kent and Ejaria who won't get near the team.

Possibly, but the point I'm making is that premier league young players go for a fair bit more than I'd imagine we'd pay.

I'd like to think we would get them both for a few million though.

5 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Possibly, but the point I'm making is that premier league young players go for a fair bit more than I'd imagine we'd pay.

I'd like to think we would get them both for a few million though.

You are correct, i'll list a few players of similar status that Liverpool have sold over the last few seasons

Brad Smith - Bournemouth - £3 million + another £3 million in add-ons

Kev Stewart - Hull - £4.5 million + another £3.5 million in add-ons

Andre Wisdom - Derby - £2 million + another £2.5 million in add-ons

Jerome Sinclair - Watford - £4 million

Sergi Canós - Norwich City - £2.5 million + another £1.5 million in add-ons

I don't see Ejaria or Kent getting close to the Liverpool team next season, if they were available for sale the biggest problem could be English clubs coming in with big money bids which we couldn't match. If Liverpool are prepared to work with Rangers because of the Gerrard factor you could see a deal worked out with maybe significant add-ons, a high sell on clause percentage or a buy back clause which is something Liverpool like to normally include in deals for youner players.

Ejaria a skilfull player but he would be a better player if he kept it simple and not try to show he's the best player on the park all the time has an abundance of talent but showboats at times when he's beat a man rather than hit the killer pass.  

Kent works his arse off and keeps going even when it doesn't come off for him.     

Will be hard for these players if they do go back to their parent clubs after playing for Rangers.

22 hours ago, Orange and Blue said:

All the loan players Worral, Ejaria, Kent and coullibaly have signed long term contracts with their parent clubs. 

We probably have to pay alot money to get these boys in. Would be great signings if we could get them permanently.

It's been rumoured that we have an option to buy Coulibaly, so if that's true it won't be a ridiculous amount. Could see Ejaria being loaned to us again. 

8 hours ago, Smile said:

Ejaria a skilfull player but he would be a better player if he kept it simple and not try to show he's the best player on the park all the time has an abundance of talent but showboats at times when he's beat a man rather than hit the killer pass.  

Kent works his arse off and keeps going even when it doesn't come off for him.     

Will be hard for these players if they do go back to their parent clubs after playing for Rangers.

Keeping it simple doesn't win games, attacking midfielders who just keep it simple don't ever make it to a high level in the game.

Ejaria is a creative attacking player this involves taking risks in order to gain rewards. To often Scottish coaches (and indeed fans) want our players to play the simple sideways pass but the truth is when a team is full of players taking the easy option the team becomes mediocre, the skill and creativity is being coached out of players. 

19 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Keeping it simple doesn't win games, attacking midfielders who just keep it simple don't ever make it to a high level in the game.

Ejaria is a creative attacking player this involves taking risks in order to gain rewards. To often Scottish coaches (and indeed fans) want our players to play the simple sideways pass but the truth is when a team is full of players taking the easy option the team becomes mediocre, the skill and creativity is being coached out of players. 

Plenty players like Jack and Arfield who are naturally more inclined to take the easy option. Gives Ejaria the chance to create.

8 hours ago, Smile said:

When he first played he annoyed me by losing the ball after hanging on to it too long and allowing the other team to gain possession and break.

Nowadays he seems to have gotten stronger on the ball and doesn't lose it as much. He'd be in my starting XI every game. He's a superb player in the making. Be great if we signed him permanently but I think Liverpool could sell him for a lot more than we could afford. That euro goal will be right up there in any youtube compilation his agent puts together.