Ryan Kent

kris1984

Both Ejaria and Kent are good players, who could, if developed properly, play in the EPL. Thats what Liverpool apparently believe, and I don't disagree. 

It's telling that if you look at both their pre-Rangers highlights videos, there is nothing there that reflects the current level of performance, and that is a credit to our coaching staff. 

11 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Keeping it simple doesn't win games, attacking midfielders who just keep it simple don't ever make it to a high level in the game.

Ejaria is a creative attacking player this involves taking risks in order to gain rewards. To often Scottish coaches (and indeed fans) want our players to play the simple sideways pass but the truth is when a team is full of players taking the easy option the team becomes mediocre, the skill and creativity is being coached out of players. 

He has to learn when to pass and when to showboat you are simplifying the point I'm making then adding your own spin to it.

9 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

Both Ejaria and Kent are good players, who could, if developed properly, play in the EPL. Thats what Liverpool apparently believe, and I don't disagree. 

It's telling that if you look at both their pre-Rangers highlights videos, there is nothing there that reflects the current level of performance, and that is a credit to our coaching staff. 

It also helps they are playing in an inferior league against players of a poorer quality.

9 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

If developed correctly I could see them playing EPL football. 

But I don't see them doing that for Liverpool first 11. That's not a slight on the players, it's just the talent Liverpool already have in those positions. 

But all of this is why Liverpool FC  loan them out - to develop them !

We, Rangers, understand this  and take advantage of their individual talents which will progress our Rangers team. Perhaps in some circumstances it may end up in LFC  not having any ongoing expectation for certain players.  At that time they may release them or make them available for purchase at a level we can afford and hopefully, with the experience of having played at Ibrox in front of 50,000, some may wish to push for a contract here.

After the 50K ibrox buzz and Europa League matches it is going to be tricky for these guys when  back at reserve level to motivate themselves, it is the ultimate goal of any young pro footballer to be strutting their stuff weekly in front of packed stadiums, they might not have invisaged it being at Ibrox  but after a seasons taster who knows, all the while Liverpool will be having a new batch of kids tagged for the first team squad.

All the time Sky/BT are throwing silly money at the EPL the route to the first team for academy players will be tough, EPL teams can afford to buy finished article tried and tested reinforcements in at  40/50/60m without batting an eyelid, not to say that the youngster could not do as good a job given time but it just will not happen.

In the season the players are away on loan there will be a new batch coming through as well a year better and more experienced than when the loan player moved, so there may well be another body in the way of the breakthrough.

20 hours ago, Smile said:

It also helps they are playing in an inferior league against players of a poorer quality.

I can't help but think this is a large part of the reason. Let's just wait and see how they perform in all the Europa league games before congratulating ourselves on uncovering these talents. How they play at home against the likes of Dundee and St Johnstone isn't going to tell us much about their ultimate standard. 

13 minutes ago, teuchterblue said:

I can't help but think this is a large part of the reason. Let's just wait and see how they perform in all the Europa league games before congratulating ourselves on uncovering these talents. How they play at home against the likes of Dundee and St Johnstone isn't going to tell us much about their ultimate standard. 

I think both have done well in the European games when they have more time on the ball. we do get carried away though when players do well against very poor sides though.