Plastic pitch on Sunday

Amac9

1 minute ago, Amac9 said:

Don't even risk any players who have had history of serious injuries. 

Hopefully don't lose another player to these fucking shite pitches.

Image of rossiter walking on that pitch and BOOOM 7 to 10 days away ..

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

To be fair I don't have an issue with us doing some light training drills on a plastic pitch as it's nothing to strenuous like a full pelt match on 1

Don't think we play full pelt on ours, not everyone anyway - but it's there.

Murphy wasn't doing anything too strenuous and look at him - fuck knows why that happened. 

1 minute ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Don't think we play full pelt on ours, not everyone anyway - but it's there.

Murphy wasn't doing anything too strenuous and look at him - fuck knows why that happened. 

Murphy got a nudge from broadfoot just enough for him to change his direction and loose his footing....those parks need water because when they are dry the studs can catch easier than on grass this increases the risk of twists and sprains IMHO

14 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Hurt my ankle on these parks several times, it just catches the surface while your body goes a different direction. They are a shambles and should be absolutely nowhere near professional football.

I played on the 1st generation astro for close to 20yrs, it was close to playing on concrete with a worn carpet nailed on top....can't be a coincidence I have just had a hip replacement at 47:anger:

not making an excuse for plastic pitches because they should not be allowed but they do exist within our league so we need to play on them. we should be using our plastic pitch at auchenhowie to train on it. these guys are professionals so surely they can practice and not put themselves at any risk. 

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Murphy got a nudge from broadfoot just enough for him to change his direction and loose his footing....those parks need water because when they are dry the studs can catch easier than on grass this increases the risk of twists and sprains IMHO

Feel sorry for Murphy, but it changed things a bit with the job Middleton is doing now. 

They have no place at this level or 5-6 levels below us. Embarrassing that clubs have them to save pennies. My local team Arbroath don't have one yet have one of the best pitches in Scottish football all season round, and thats only with a part time groundsman with a couple of volunteers when needed. They incompetent bastards at the SFA should have them banned.

1 hour ago, FSM said:

Maintenance costs. Why else do you think that clubs switch to plastic pitches?

Because they're cheap fucks, shouldn't be allowed in the top tier of any league. This should not be a way of saving money - like not having football strips and just having the players use bibs.

If you're in line for promotion and you have a plastic pitch, you either invest in a grass one to replace it or the next in line gets your promotion.