Did tonight prove Lee Wallace Rangers career is over?

GOAT

3 hours ago, GOAT said:

4-0 up and he and he has the chance to either move Halliday into the middle or straight swap for Wallace and give him some game time, instead he brings on a 17 year old and gives him the game time instead.  Perfect time for me to give Wallace half an hour and he chose not too. 

I thought Wallace was still in the dog house and training with the under 20's

7 hours ago, GOAT said:

4-0 up and he and he has the chance to either move Halliday into the middle or straight swap for Wallace and give him some game time, instead he brings on a 17 year old and gives him the game time instead.  Perfect time for me to give Wallace half an hour and he chose not too. 

No - if he was finished he would not even be in the squad 

I know this will be going against the grain with a lot of the support, but I never liked him because I never rated him. Even although I didn't think much of him, I still expected far more than he gave us when we went down the leagues. Just like I never took to players like broadfoot or boab malcolm, they have mediocrity written all over them. A bit mean I know, but when people talk of legend status and all this, I just don't understand it one bit.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Feel for the guy, aye he’ll take a good wage out of us but he deserves it more than most. He gave his career for this club and I for one hope we can lift at least the premiership trophy this year with Wallace there

He wanted to stay in scotland, he is hugely committed to his coaching at Tynecastle FC, his bird has her business up here. He got offered a great contract with us and stayed on great wages, especially so when we were in lower leagues.

All of which suited us to a large extent and him entirely. Fair dos.

But it's not as if he's not been hugely rewarded for the decisions he made that perfectly suited him. It's not like he sacrificed his career for love of the Rangers. HE chose life in Scotland at a club that paid the most over a career elsewhere.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

If Barasic isn’t playing the it should be Halliday or Wallace at left back.

Flanagan is a horrendous left back..

Halliday was very good again last night. Based on form I think he's giving more consistently than Barisic and doesn't deserve to be dropped for him.

Agree re Flanagan. Poorest option we have for any defensive position.

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Halliday was very good again last night. Based on form I think he's giving more consistently than Barisic and doesn't deserve to be dropped for him.

I wish him and Sadiq never came to us.

33 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I can mind folk wanted Tav dropped for him..

2 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I know this will be going against the grain with a lot of the support, but I never liked him because I never rated him. Even although I didn't think much of him, I still expected far more than he gave us when we went down the leagues. Just like I never took to players like broadfoot or boab malcolm, they have mediocrity written all over them. A bit mean I know, but when people talk of legend status and all this, I just don't understand it one bit.

I agree. Never rated him at Hearts and with us he looked decent playing part timers but as soon as he was back playing against professional teams his weaknesses were shown up; always very poor defensively and going forward seemed unable or unwilling to try to cross the ball. I think he is intelligent enough to know he is earning, with us,  far more than he ever thought possible and has been happy to stay and have a good life.