GOAT

Did tonight prove Lee Wallace Rangers career is over?

He was just about good enough for us as a 23 year old. 

Years in the lower leagues, not playing for months on end and age have pushed him down to where he is today.

Lee is still here so he can lift the trophy at the end of the season and mark the journey complete.

• Like 1

He's arguably fourth choice behind Barišić, Flanagan and Halliday; it's a long way back for him to even become second choice at this point.

Still baffled that Kenny Miller claimed Barišić would do well to keep Wallace out of the team. 

3 hours ago, GOAT said:

4-0 up and he and he has the chance to either move Halliday into the middle or straight swap for Wallace and give him some game time, instead he brings on a 17 year old and gives him the game time instead.  Perfect time for me to give Wallace half an hour and he chose not too. 

I thought Wallace was still in the dog house and training with the under 20's

7 hours ago, GOAT said:

4-0 up and he and he has the chance to either move Halliday into the middle or straight swap for Wallace and give him some game time, instead he brings on a 17 year old and gives him the game time instead.  Perfect time for me to give Wallace half an hour and he chose not too. 

No - if he was finished he would not even be in the squad 

6 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Lee is still here so he can lift the trophy at the end of the season and mark the journey complete.

He's still here because he's earning a fortune and we're contractually obliged to pay it. 

8 hours ago, Amac9 said:

Still amazes me he was brought on in that Motherwell game.

Gerrard’s biggest mistake so far, for me.

Doubt tonight proved anything but I do think his career with us is over and I doubt too many will be complaining. He’s been finished for a while. 

He's just getting fitness back to facilitate us moving him on. He's on too much of a wage and should be too ambitious to be our 2nd/3rd choice left back 

I know this will be going against the grain with a lot of the support, but I never liked him because I never rated him. Even although I didn't think much of him, I still expected far more than he gave us when we went down the leagues. Just like I never took to players like broadfoot or boab malcolm, they have mediocrity written all over them. A bit mean I know, but when people talk of legend status and all this, I just don't understand it one bit.

Get shot of him and bring in a striker

Feel for the guy, aye he’ll take a good wage out of us but he deserves it more than most. He gave his career for this club and I for one hope we can lift at least the premiership trophy this year with Wallace there

• Like 1

If Barasic isn’t playing the it should be Halliday or Wallace at left back.

Flanagan is a horrendous left back..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Feel for the guy, aye he’ll take a good wage out of us but he deserves it more than most. He gave his career for this club and I for one hope we can lift at least the premiership trophy this year with Wallace there

He wanted to stay in scotland, he is hugely committed to his coaching at Tynecastle FC, his bird has her business up here. He got offered a great contract with us and stayed on great wages, especially so when we were in lower leagues.

All of which suited us to a large extent and him entirely. Fair dos.

But it's not as if he's not been hugely rewarded for the decisions he made that perfectly suited him. It's not like he sacrificed his career for love of the Rangers. HE chose life in Scotland at a club that paid the most over a career elsewhere.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

If Barasic isn’t playing the it should be Halliday or Wallace at left back.

Flanagan is a horrendous left back..

Halliday was very good again last night. Based on form I think he's giving more consistently than Barisic and doesn't deserve to be dropped for him.

Agree re Flanagan. Poorest option we have for any defensive position.

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Halliday was very good again last night. Based on form I think he's giving more consistently than Barisic and doesn't deserve to be dropped for him.

I wish him and Sadiq never came to us.

33 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I can mind folk wanted Tav dropped for him..

For me it was when he wasn't named in the Euro squad so wasn't a surprise and I'd rather see young Kelly etc  come off the bench.Wallace will be away in January no doubt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I know this will be going against the grain with a lot of the support, but I never liked him because I never rated him. Even although I didn't think much of him, I still expected far more than he gave us when we went down the leagues. Just like I never took to players like broadfoot or boab malcolm, they have mediocrity written all over them. A bit mean I know, but when people talk of legend status and all this, I just don't understand it one bit.

I agree. Never rated him at Hearts and with us he looked decent playing part timers but as soon as he was back playing against professional teams his weaknesses were shown up; always very poor defensively and going forward seemed unable or unwilling to try to cross the ball. I think he is intelligent enough to know he is earning, with us,  far more than he ever thought possible and has been happy to stay and have a good life.

• Like 2

Thought it was a perfect opportunity to give him game time, wouldn't surprise me if he leaves in Jan.

It was over a longtime ago. 

He isn’t good enough anymore, would rather see young hungry players get some game time. 

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It was over a longtime ago. 

He isn’t good enough anymore. 

This.

I  wish him well wherever he goes but his time is up at Rangers as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1