***The Official Livingston v Rangers Match Thread***

ForeverAndEver

41 minutes ago, whatnobeer said:

Concern but no real evidence. They're clearly shite but we've just got to put up with it and get them beaten regardless. 

There is actually a ton of evidence out there which is sadly inconclusive, however, even the EPA admits that further research is needed.  That in itself should be enough to have them banned from the professional game as the argument then becomes 'cost savings' versus potential health risks'. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

There is actually a ton of evidence out there which is sadly inconclusive, however, even the EPA admits that further research is needed.  That in itself should be enough to have them banned from the professional game as the argument then becomes 'cost savings' versus potential health risks'. 

There's been a long argument in my town about a new artificial pitch going in, the main reason against being the potential for health issues. I've done a lot of reading. There's no conclusive evidence that playing on them increases your chances of getting cancer. Newer pitches also don't use the same crumb rubber that the old ones did which is where a lot of the original health fears came from. That said, I live in Canada in the mountains. Real grass isn't really an option if you want to play for more than 5 months of the year. 

McGregor

Tav     Goldson   Worrall   Flanagan

McCrorie

Ejaria            Arfield

Candeias                        Middleton

Morelos

Katic needs rested, Worrall to replace him. 

Flanagan to stay in Left back keep Borna for Thursday.

Middleton should keep his place, he's a rising star.

3-0 to the Queen's 11:tu:

Just read on the club website that they have advised fans travelling by car to park at West Lothian College car park. Having never been to the Tony Macaroni stadium before can anyone advise if this car park fills up quickly and whether it’s a nightmare trying to leave from here? Had initially planned to park in one of the nearby retail parks. Cheers

9 minutes ago, LewisP14 said:

Just read on the club website that they have advised fans travelling by car to park at West Lothian College car park. Having never been to the Tony Macaroni stadium before can anyone advise if this car park fills up quickly and whether it’s a nightmare trying to leave from here? Had initially planned to park in one of the nearby retail parks. Cheers

Just park in the centre shopping car park. 50p an hour and thousands of spaces. It's right next to the college

11 minutes ago, LewisP14 said:

Don’t park in there not that many spaces and will fill up pretty quickly also a bit of a cunt to get out of unless you’re not in a hurry.

2 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

The SPL forced clubs into financial difficulties by insisting on 10,000 capacity stadiums - that would only be filled when the Old Firm rolled into town - and denied Falkirk promotion because their stadium was a shithole. Yet they allow pitches that injure players rather than insisting on grass surfaces. Every team in the league could afford one - and if they can't then they shouldn't be in the league. 

35 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

The SPL forced clubs into financial difficulties by insisting on 10,000 capacity stadiums - that would only be filled when the Old Firm rolled into town - and denied Falkirk promotion because their stadium was a shithole. Yet they allow pitches that injure players rather than insisting on grass surfaces. Every team in the league could afford one - and if they can't then they shouldn't be in the league. 

Was the second time Falkirk we’re denied entry the season Aberdeen finished bottom ? Must have been around that time I’m sure. I’m fact I remember them already starting work on upgrades on the stadium (from ridiculous to just shite) but it still being deemed not enough and saving the sheep from relegation 

9 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Was the second time Falkirk we’re denied entry the season Aberdeen finished bottom ? Must have been around that time I’m sure. I’m fact I remember them already starting work on upgrades on the stadium (from ridiculous to just shite) but it still being deemed not enough and saving the sheep from relegation 

That’s Ridiculous, the sheep should have been relegated with the first runner up getting Falkirks place. 

Just now, Siwel said:

That’s Ridiculous, the sheep should have been relegated with the first runner up getting Falkirks place. 

It should have been that way mate but our corrupt governing body has always been just that, corrupt as fuck. Had you not heard that before? 

Archived