Andy Cap(tain)

BallochBear

He's had a big turnaround in performances. I honestly thought he'd be out the door this summer. He's come in and performed at a good level consistently. Gerrard showing some excellent man management to get the best out of him. You can see the confidence in his play right now.

11 minutes ago, OhW said:

Or people under 60 simply don’t know who Andy Capp is 

Isn't that why youtube was invented for the under 60's ... so they could check in an instant who Andy Capp is ? .....  if they could be bothered that is ..... he's actually world famous as the stereotype is universal ... :p: 

Hope this helps.

:UK:

3 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He was brilliant last night, but it was against Ayr. After Middleton he was the best player on the pitch.

But going overboard on his performances means he’ll get all sorts of abuse again when he comes into the team against celtic due to injuries or something and is out of his depth.

He’s a decent squad option who can come in against lesser teams and play well. Can’t we all just be happy with that?

On RM it's either people wanking themselves over a player or wanting to lynch them.  Halliday is good cover for Barasic and with SG wanting cover in every position that's good news.

3 hours ago, BallochBear said:

Andy Halliday is one lucky guy. Let's be honest it looked like he was out his depth and on his way out of The Rangers. Now here he is last night captaining the team on the pitch.  When the teams re-emerged after the interval he literally ran out whilst everyone else either walked or jogged out. The guy is obviously living the dream and good luck to him, wish I'd had the chance.

Have to say a word about his two passes for 2 of our goals, outstanding.

Lucky? Or a decent footballer who has worked hard and earned his place? - I admire his tenacity - he is making folks change their mind in droves - and to do that he has had to work hard, maintain his belief AND back it up with some skill (as you said his 2 assists - outstanding). SG has shown great belief in him, even as a squad player, but we need good squad players and he is certainly that - and getting to Captain Rangers - dreamland!

4 hours ago, BallochBear said:

Andy Halliday is one lucky guy. Let's be honest it looked like he was out his depth and on his way out of The Rangers. Now here he is last night captaining the team on the pitch.  When the teams re-emerged after the interval he literally ran out whilst everyone else either walked or jogged out. The guy is obviously living the dream and good luck to him, wish I'd had the chance.

Chuffed to fuck for lad and I was one of his biggest detractors.

He has turned a corner under Gerrard's leadership, as many others have. Limited as he is, he is now doing the simple things well with some great mentoring from the gaffer. Then that cheeky chip last night was as tidy as you'll see. He will get even better.

Our pool of players are now much stronger, giving us decent depth and I have no worries who steps up as goals are being scored from all over the park. Everyone knows their role and excelling n it.

Gerrard is the breath of fresh air we were needing and he is turning out as I thought he would. He is getting the best out of some average players and making them better all round to become valuable contributers.

13 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Lucky? Or a decent footballer who has worked hard and earned his place? - I admire his tenacity - he is making folks change their mind in droves - and to do that he has had to work hard, maintain his belief AND back it up with some skill (as you said his 2 assists - outstanding). SG has shown great belief in him, even as a squad player, but we need good squad players and he is certainly that - and getting to Captain Rangers - dreamland!

What the fuck have you done with the real  Bluepeter9, no way could that fuckin crank come up with something as sensible as that post.

He played well last night and it must have been a proud moment for him and his family if that was the first time he had the armband.

But it was Ayr.

I see a player who is giving 10 out of 10 for effort but who is so fucking limited it's getting ridiculous now how much praise some of you are giving him.

Decent enough squad player, but for me he's no better or worse a player than he ever has been, it's the better players around him that compensate for his weaknesses that were more exposed before. 

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He was brilliant last night, but it was against Ayr. After Middleton he was the best player on the pitch.

But going overboard on his performances means he’ll get all sorts of abuse again when he comes into the team against celtic due to injuries or something and is out of his depth.

He’s a decent squad option who can come in against lesser teams and play well. Can’t we all just be happy with that?

Now I've just explained your post to my Mum, she's very happy - and said I must say, thanks. 

I’m delighted he appears to have turned it around under Gerrard. The abuse he got from the support was fucking ridiculous. If there’s one guy I’d love to see be part of a  successful  Rangers team, it’s him. Especially against those tarrier bastards who didn’t miss the chance to rub the guys nose right in it last season. 

8 hours ago, BallochBear said:

Can he be captain against the scum, so at least one of ours gets ahead of that c**t Brown as the teams run out?

Sick of him sprinting out while we just plod out like any other game.

Small point, but just has them looking like they’ve got a bit of an ‘edge’ & are more up for it than we are.

12 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He played well last night and it must have been a proud moment for him and his family if that was the first time he had the armband.

But it was Ayr.

I see a player who is giving 10 out of 10 for effort but who is so fucking limited it's getting ridiculous now how much praise some of you are giving him.

Decent enough squad player, but for me he's no better or worse a player than he ever has been, it's the better players around him that compensate for his weaknesses that were more exposed before. 

Have a day off mate, he's done everything asked of him this season and deserved the high praise he's been getting off the gaffer.