Both semis on the Sunday under consideration at hampden

KingKirk

3 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Think if common sense prevails they’ll move the first game to about 1pm, give the sheep fans and any bears on the train travelling from Aberdeen some time to get the ground.

Aye mate the common sense solution to all this uproar is to move one one of the games back an hour

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, G.E.C. said:

Think if common sense prevails they’ll move the first game to about 1pm, give the sheep fans and any bears on the train travelling from Aberdeen some time to get the ground.

Rangers and sheep fans on the same train, arriving at QST with  max 45 mins to get into Hampden assuming train not delayed?

Nope. Plenty time to make alternative arrangements like car share, busses, stay night before.

The decision has been made. The worst thing they could do would be to change it.

36 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

Fucking terrified mate and not just for myself but for all the innocent fans who just want to enjoy the games.

It's a hugely fuckwitted idea put in place by the fuckwits in the sfa/spfl and their fellow fuckwits in polis scotland. 

Ya big pansy

50 minutes ago, Smile said:

what he's saying makes sense.

I agree with most of what he says apart from this bit.                               

(The SPFL say there is a contractual obligation

"Only if the Old Firm are involved, eh?)  doesn't he know that the Scumfa 0nly does things for the benefit of one club and one club only and its not us.

1 minute ago, five stars said:

I don't see what the problem is. Midday is plenty of time to get to Hampden from Aberdeen, i take it they're not early risers?

And the evening game is the same time as any other midweek game.

What's the problem?

I agree with all of this mate but the real problem lies with 25 thousand fans from 4 different clubs clashing in one city on the same day! It's a recipe for disaster imo.

5 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I agree with all of this mate but the real problem lies with 25 thousand fans from 4 different clubs clashing in one city on the same day! It's a recipe for disaster imo.

I think that the majority of Rangers and Aberdeen fans will have fucked off home by the time that the celtic and Hearts fans are arriving for next game. It's a Sunday after all, so 'most' people will be working the next day.

It's still a completely mental idea, but I really don't think it'll be as bad as some are making out.

19 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Levein moaning about their families not able to watch the semi? It’s quarter to 8 on a Sunday ya peado the games not on the moon.

Laughed far too much at this in the middle of a packed office!

Game finishes at half 9 on a school night though...how they supposed to get home!!

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Realistically most sheep will now travel by car or supporters bus. I'd imagine they'll be on the road North by 3pm.

I reckon boozers near Hampden will be encouraged to remain closed after our game to reduce numbers of bears in the area. So again, majority of bears likely to return to their own areas after the game.

Hearts now only bringing 10k max according to Levein ?.

So all in all its great planning by spfl. ?

In honesty, the risk will be from our fans still in the city after the game and scum fans arriving early (probably to watch our game in boozers). 

Safe to say the Royal infirmary and Monday court will be busy...

3 minutes ago, FSM said:

I think that the majority of Rangers and Aberdeen fans will have fucked off home by the time that the celtic and Hearts fans are arriving for next game. It's a Sunday after all, so 'most' people will be working the next day.

It's still a completely mental idea, but I really don't think it'll be as bad as some are making out.

If you have had a good result and buzzing having a beer time just slips away and loads of bears will still be around the pubs.

9 minutes ago, five stars said:

I don't see what the problem is. Midday is plenty of time to get to Hampden from Aberdeen, i take it they're not early risers?

And the evening game is the same time as any other midweek game.

What's the problem?

Not early risers?

Apparently they can often be found up before the crack of Dolly, running through farmers fields in their wellies shouting "c'mere ewe". It's an every day occurrence, so maybe they just find it hard to change. 

10 minutes ago, pcbear said:

If you have had a good result and buzzing having a beer time just slips away and loads of bears will still be around the pubs.

I think that some will still be around, but not massive numbers and it doesn't necessarily mean that there will be trouble. i think that most Hearts fans will be heading straight home after their game and I can't see many celtic fans heading back to the city centre on a Sunday night. Possibly a bit of overlap in the city centre before the later kick off though.

Daft decision but to see all the Hearts, Sheep and second class citizens wetting the bed about it is amazing. Aberdeen moaning about having to come here for a 12 noon kick off is baffling considering every time we play them it's a midday kick off and we go up and take over the city. 

Archived