Gerrard and Katic press conference

soulboy

SG's handling of the press is top notch and although throughout his career he has no doubt spoken at plenty conferences It seems that his control of these conferences since he became our manager is down to his intelligence and ability to outthink the Scottish media. In other words he's too smart to be tripped up by what passes as the main stream media, such as they are.

Clever of Gerrard not to throw Alfredo under the bus when questioned about his attitude with referees. He said he hadn’t had a word with him and that he cannot praise and chastise him at the same time. Although I don’t really believe him, I do think he would have had strong words with Alfredo but clearly doesn’t want to admit it in public and give the mhedia something to blow out of all proportion. 

4 hours ago, MDYT2 said:

No offence to the big man but why wheel Katic out or any foreigner with limited English. Gerrard again what a difference.

His English is fine, having worked all over the globe I quickly learned that it is imperative to make yourself understood and do not assume that someone whose first language is not English will automatically understand you.  Scottish journalists, in particular, the 'Ibrox press corp', appear populated by morons. 

3 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I read an interview with someone who managed him and apparently he doesn't train hard. He thinks that players have a limited amount of energy and therefore holds back in training. Sounds like laziness to me. He clearly hasn't impressed SG. He had better get the finger out or he is doomed to fail.

Every manager makes a few bad signings. He seems to be SG's first.

Not bad that his only questionable signing so far has been a loan player. He must have serious attitude problems in training or I don’t think Gerrard would be so blunt.

Sky are going to have to end up sending someone else up for our press conferences, that illiterate cunt Paterson keeps getting torn a new arsehole and it's showing them up. Imagine having to show that shit on Sky Sports News later on? Most of the others need to up their shit too, Gerrard is destroying them.

5 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Willing to bet his English is better than your Croatian! :thumbsup: I think he spoke brilliantly.

Didn't slag his English off. You and others seem to have missed my point and choose to think it was a dig. Fair enough.

6 hours ago, Siwel said:

Not bad that his only questionable signing so far has been a loan player. He must have serious attitude problems in training or I don’t think Gerrard would be so blunt.

Indeed. As you say he is a loanee. Wonder why. I sense SG has no time for him. I certainly don't.

7 hours ago, James Rolle said:

Clever of Gerrard not to throw Alfredo under the bus when questioned about his attitude with referees. He said he hadn’t had a word with him and that he cannot praise and chastise him at the same time. Although I don’t really believe him, I do think he would have had strong words with Alfredo but clearly doesn’t want to admit it in public and give the mhedia something to blow out of all proportion. 

Yep . 

I hope he's had a word . In fact , I hope he's booted his balls , but you're right , I hope it's on the quiet . 

9 hours ago, MDYT2 said:

Didn't slag his English off. You and others seem to have missed my point and choose to think it was a dig. Fair enough.

Nah mate, just making a light hearted observation that he might speak better English than you do Croatian. No biggie! Can't speak for anyone else though! :tu: 

The refreshing frankness of Gerrards interviews is unique. Ever since he walked in the door his interviews have been a cut above. Long gone are the days of Allys squeemishly friendly chats after getting humped (disgrace of a man) or Warburtons over-scientific approach to handle taig media. 

I love this manager,