Kilmarnock 1 Rangers 5 May 2011

RFC55

Where do you even start? From every stand going mental at the goals at an away game, the Walter mask guy, the nerves taken away after 7 minutes and let us party on. Fucking loved Jelavic man, watching Walter celebrate that 3rd goal too fucking hell I’ve never loved anyone to do with Rangers more. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall in they tarrier pubs for the 1st 10 mins of that game, I cannot fucking wait til 55 it’s going to top the lot. Just sat in my van at my 1st drop watching that and cheering every goal and getting goosebumps, aw what a fuckin club ???

May 2005 - was in Cape Town and told my mate I'm not going over for the celtic game, I'll wait till the last game against hibs. 

He went over, and he was all grumpy because we got beat. 

I went over for the last game - and the helicopter landed. 

Phoned him up, but I couldn't fuck'n speak - shouting like mad the whole game - on the pitch for a minute or two after the final whistle - what a day.

If the old man in the Ibrox reception is reading this, he'll remember me - went to see him on the Friday when I arrived and I told him we'll win the league on Sunday, no he says, sorry son but those tims won't get beat by Motherwell.

On the Monday I went back to Ibrox - walked into the reception and he jumps up - ya bastard, I've been telling everyone about you ya kunt - WE ARE THE PEOPLE

???

Back to work on Wednesday in Cape Town nobody there any the wiser where I'd been and what the fuck I'd witnessed. 

Watched that with a few mates,one of them went for a big shite just before kick off, anyways,goal goes in and wee managed to keep schtum,two,three and he's still not back,comes through and says 'missed anything' opens a beer,we say 'na mate nowt yet' takes him couple of minutes to clock the score on screen,the sight of him beer spraying everywhere out nostrils and everything shouting 'three fuckin nil?' will stay with me forever

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Where does this day rank for everyone? For me it doesn't beat any of the two real helicopter Sunday's but honestly this is one of my best ever days following Rangers. 

For love nor money could I.get a Rangers end ticket, so was told on the Thursday that the killie club shop would sell tickets to anyone who wanted one. So me and two boys i worked with headed down to buy tickets. One of my mates gets in the shop and starts saying Ken and like after everything he said :lol:

the woman said "I know you're a Rangers fan, you've gave me a Glasgow address and you're putting on a daft accent" so he felt pretty daft after that. 

the day of the game itself was superb. Picked up at 730, then over to my mates for a few beers, patsys and bigotry. But as we were away and they tramps at home there was always that nagging doubt we might not do it. I think I was sick 3 times before leaving my mates house for the bus :lol:

Once we got there I was a mess kept getting up and talking to other bears I knew in the home end. We had a big fat killie fan next to us moaning like fuck about us Rangers fans in their end, so my mate told me to.stop winding him up and sit down. "See if we score early just sit on your hands ffs". Obviously as soon as it went in I'm cuddling the big fat killie fan much to his disgust :lol:. By the tenth minute the fat cunt was off and we just had a 90minute party. Watching as the first couple of goals went in huge pockets of Rangers fans going tonto in the home end won't ever leave me.

After it we went back to the pub that the bus left from. Was bouncing and a band were due to come on (not loyalist) and they were setting up. Every time they went to sing the whole pub erupted into choruses of loyalist songs or champions again and the wee lead singer ended up saying "yous are obviously having too good a time, we will be back next week when it's a bit quieter"

Honestly for me it was one of the very best in my lifetime. The fact they hadn't kicked off and we were winning made it all the better.

Plus any excuse for this video.

For older bears that experienced ups and downs 

It is the poorer of all the helicopter Sunday's ..If poorer is the right word 

For younger bears .It must be like a dream as it's now so long ago for them 

I had a brilliant ticket for the same stand I was in few weeks ago .Chadwick 

Never once did it cross my mind that day .It would be over 7 years and counting before we would be in same position again 

Our dominance was there to see

How Mccoist getting managers job and Whyte arriving changed all that 

Still feel for younger bears more than anything 

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

For older bears that experienced ups and downs 

It is the poorer of all the helicopter Sunday's ..If poorer is the right word 

For younger bears .It must be like a dream as it's now so long ago for them 

I had a brilliant ticket for the same stand I was in few weeks ago .Chadwick 

Never once did it cross my mind that day .It would be over 7 years and counting before we would be in same position again 

Our dominance was there to see

How Mccoist getting managers job and Whyte arriving changed all that 

Still feel for younger bears more than anything 

They'll get back to the good days mate. It's a cycle that repeats itself over the last 30 odd years of my life and will continue to do so

Remember going down my local feeling sick with nerves, going mad when Lafferty scored the first and then after 10 mins being 3-0 up just having a party and singing songs to myself ? everyone in there must have thought I was some sort of nutcase but I didn’t care I had a great time! Would have given anything to be up there that day though! 

In sheepland doing up a flat and went round to the now defunct Rosemount Bar to watch it, quite nervous. Third goal goes in and now I can relax. Brilliant listening to the bitter auld sheep fans cursing away in the background while I’m trying like fuck to stop myself doing a knee slide across the floor!

If only we had that Lafferty fella available these days, eh?

Only thing that comes close recently was the semi final win over the scum.

But the next win will be a biggie and 55 will be unbelievable.