BBC Article on Morelos

Sparkle

2 hours ago, ZZed said:

Reading between the lines of what english has spouted: Morelos is a talented but flawed player, bad attitude, mouthy and probably deserving of his cards/targeting. Gerrard needs to control him and get him to be placid during games. If Gerrard can't control him, that bits left hanging. A proper journalist would be looking at the consistently poor referring regarding this player, the lack of protection for skill but turning a blind eye to ankle breakers trying to and actually  assaulting him on the park.  Our substandard referees and ankle breaking, lacking in skill football players should be the discussion but this is about a Rangers player, so it has to be presented as something is wrong with him.  

Good post :tu:

I too think the real story should be about consistently poor refereeing.

I don't think Morelos should 'just accept' these fouls from opponents, he must realise that opponents see him as a threat and want to try and get him red carded. He does need to control the frustration he feels about the poor refereeing as that's playing into their hands. I think our captain should speak out more for him on the pitch to ensure fouls against him are recognised by officials hopefully this will help with his frustration.

4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

??????????????????????????????

3 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

JTF

??????????????????????

See the bit where he regretted the fact that a young foreign player with huge potential, a Colombian cap already even, was being targeted by other players and with no protection from refs, who even seem overly ready and keen to card him of either colour...

Naw, me neither.