***The Official Rangers v Rapid Vienna Match Thread***

Davy Vandenbroucke

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Mr preferred line-up

713829050_RangersvsRapidWien.thumb.png.80b107eded540dc9b1a6ff46807d8ec8.png

McCrorie to return to allow Coulibaly to play as he had been when Jack was in the team and Arfield ahead of Ejaria as I think Ejaria may have more impact than Arfield coming off the bench.

Would also have considered Middleton starting but Kent has been excellent on the left in recent weeks so opted for Kent to start on the left then Middleton on for Candeias later in the game and swapping wings with Kent.

If Gerrard starts both Lafferty and Morelos I'm going to start getting worried.

I like the look of that team mate I hope that is the team that starts. And we go for it from the first whistle.

Rapid Vienna have been hit with another huge blow ahead of their clash with Rangers after defender Max Hofmann was ruled out for two months.

The Austrians are reeling after sacking coach Goran Djuricin and replacing him with Dietmar Kuhbauer after a woeful start to the season.

And on his first day in the job, the new manager was rocked when scan results of key stopper Hofmann were revealed.

The 25-year-old has torn a knee ligament which means he will be out for up to eight weeks and he will miss most of Rapid's Europa League campaign.

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

If it is not a sell out it will be the pricing of the tickets that be to blame. Some fans probably just cannot afford the three game package. 

You can buy the match individually on the website but it's still £40 or something wild. 

McGregor

Tav           Goldson         Katic           Barisic

Coulibaly             Ejaria                           Arfield

Candeias             Morelos                 Kent

I believe this will be Gerrard's team but personally I would not play Candeias. Great work rate but not consistent enough.

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

McGregor

Tav           Goldson         Katic           Barisic

Coulibaly             Ejaria                           Arfield

Candeias             Morelos                 Kent

I believe this will be Gerrard's team but personally I would not play Candeias. Great work rate but not consistent enough.

After Sunday it’s evident that midfield 3 does not work. Needs mccrorie, jack or rossiter as a holding midfielder and let the others go and play. Coulibaly is not a holding midfielder in my opinion.

18 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

After Sunday it’s evident that midfield 3 does not work. Needs mccrorie, jack or rossiter as a holding midfielder and let the others go and play. Coulibaly is not a holding midfielder in my opinion.

Exactly this, Coulibaly is box to box and needs to be played with a proper holding midfielder to allow him the freedom to roam and press all over the pitch as he pleases. Being restricted to sitting in front of the defence doesn’t suit him at all 

On 02/10/2018 at 12:51, NeoGeo7 said:

Mr preferred line-up

713829050_RangersvsRapidWien.thumb.png.80b107eded540dc9b1a6ff46807d8ec8.png

McCrorie to return to allow Coulibaly to play as he had been when Jack was in the team and Arfield ahead of Ejaria as I think Ejaria may have more impact than Arfield coming off the bench.

Would also have considered Middleton starting but Kent has been excellent on the left in recent weeks so opted for Kent to start on the left then Middleton on for Candeias later in the game and swapping wings with Kent.

If Gerrard starts both Lafferty and Morelos I'm going to start getting worried.

Like the look of this team, I'd maybe switch Kent to the right and play Middleton though. However if this is the team I'd be happy.

It's not a kick in the arse off a sellout. Looks like there's only 1000-1500 left.

Strange little band of seats left in GR5. Looks like seats kept for hospitality of some kind that haven't been sold or something?... now being sold as normal tickets?

Archived