Zak rudden to become a top player

RFC55

According to Ray McKinnon. Seems a superb bunch coming though at the younger age groups. Lots of players with huge potential  let's hope one of.them can end up playing at the highest level for us 

Rangers starlet Zak Rudden can become a “top, top player” according to Falkirk gaffer Ray McKinnon.

Rudden, 18, joined the Bairns on a six-month loan in the last transfer window.

And he’s already impressed in the Scottish Championship, scoring three goals in three games for McKinnon’s struggling side.

The former Morton boss told the Falkirk Herald: “For an 18 year old to have the knack of scoring goals and being in the right place at the right time, and as I keep saying his work rate is phenomenal.

“He is just going to get better and better.

“In the next two or three years he will really improve, be that at Rangers or somewhere else.

He can become a top, top player. Zak has been brilliant for us.

“He is only 18 years of age but he has an absolute desire to play football and a desire to score goals and work hard and that is a great, great attitude.

He also has three goals in three games which you can’t argue with – and obviously we hope he can continue in that vein of form

The thing about Zak though is he has the right temperament and that is the right key to his success.

“His attitude is top-class and his willingness to work hard is top class and that’s why he’s scoring goals.

Scotland U-19 star Rudden – whose Gers inspiration is Ally McCoist – scored for Steven Gerrard’s first-team during a summer friendly against Bury.

Gerrard said: “It’s his first goal here at Ibrox and I’m sure it’s going to be the first of many.”

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it would probably have been too early for him, but with Lafferty cup-tied and Morelos suspended, I would have liked to see him lead the line. He could have been that striker we are looking for.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I suspect he means him leaving Rangers to become that success.

I suspect he is saying it as a matter of fact rather than any hidden dig tbh.

Well fact based on his opinion of the player.

Bit of a stretch to be looking to be offended by that remark.

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I suspect he is saying it as a matter of fact rather than any hidden dig tbh.

Well fact based on his opinion of the player.

Bit of a stretch to be looking to be offended by that remark.

Not offended.

Just don't think it's usual or needed for a manager who is praising our loaned player to comment on that player becoming a big player anywhere other than here.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Not offended.

Just don't think it's usual or needed for a manager who is praising our loaned player to comment on that player becoming a big player anywhere other than here.

He did say either here or elsewhere 

16 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Not offended.

Mate, c'mon to fuck, you called him an arsehole for his comments which weren't really out of order imo.

He's simply praising the boy and I don't think there's any malice whatsoever in what he said. Look at the promising players we have had in the past that just couldn't break into our team and had to leave to further their careers, it's not exactly uncommon.

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Mate, c'mon to fuck, you called him an arsehole for his comments which weren't really out of order imo.

He's simply praising the boy and I don't think there's any malice whatsoever in what he said. Look at the promising players we have had in the past that just couldn't break into our team and had to leave to further their careers, it's not exactly uncommon.

I took it as he's saying regardless the lads great and he'll make it wherever he is 

12 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Its not about whether he will or wont make it with us.

Its about a manager who has been loaned one of our most exciting prospects commenting about him going somewhere else to succeed.

Could have easily said he's a great prospect and will go onto great things with us. The elsewhere part for me is unnecessary.

Not a big deal, just cheap from him considering we've loaned him the player. And makes him an arsehole for feeling the need not to play the game and praise the player and loanee club and leave it at that.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Its about a manager who has been loaned one of our most exciting prospects commenting about him going somewhere else to succeed.

Could have easily said he's a great prospect and will go onto great things with us. The elsewhere part for me is unnecessary.

Not a big deal, just cheap from him considering we've loaned him the player. And makes him an arsehole for feeling the need not to play the game and praise the player and loanee club and leave it at that.

I think you are reading way too much into it but fair enough.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You are looking too deep into it to try and be offended. 

27 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I wonder if he'll come into the 1st team January.

I'd be surprised if Sadiq is still with us after January. 

I think if he keeps scoring there is every chance he returns to us in January. By then we'll have a more accurate appraisal of how he is progressing in the lower leagues. 

Archived