Obscure Rangers Players Thread

tannerall

3 minutes ago, Spliffy said:

Slightly ironic that he then later on signed Jeremy Rotten, another star of that team... But yeah, Rodriguez was a real disappointment in a catalogue of them from Ecks last season.

We signed Hemdani and Fanfan that year as well as Rodriguez... so the captains of Marseille, PSG and Monaco respectively the previous season.

We all thought we'd be a a force with that kind of leadership. Alas...

40 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

He was unlucky with injuries whenever it looked like he might get a run of games . I was always surprised that he never went home to Irish League football like McKnight , Fitzgerald or Stephen Carson . Got talking to John Morrow's wife when she worked in a local travel agents a few years back and she seemed genuinely pleased that someone could remember his time with us ?

I think there were about 5 players brought over from Shankill boys club over a period of 2 or 3 years sadly not one really made it

10 minutes ago, Inigo said:

We signed Hemdani and Fanfan that year as well as Rodriguez... so the captains of Marseille, PSG and Monaco respectively the previous season.

We all thought we'd be a a force with that kind of leadership. Alas...

Funny old game...

36 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

I think there were about 5 players brought over from Shankill boys club over a period of 2 or 3 years sadly not one really made it

I'm sure there probably have been a few from Shankill Boys but McCann and before him Carson were from St Andrews, who produced the likes of Steven Davis, Warren Feeney, Steven Craigan, Chris Brunt and Keith Gillespie. McKnight was St Andrews too I think.