Obscure Rangers Players Thread

tannerall

8 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Paul Ritchie.

Fuck me I would never of recognised him....I remember seeing him in a pre season game at Ibrox and he either got sent off or got hooked by Advocaat...he may have played 1 or 2 games but my memory is very vague on him

28 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Jeremy Clement....he was actually decent....got a terrible broken leg when he returned to France, I've no idea who the bottom one is though?

Bit of a trick question, he never played in a competitive match, pic is from a preseason friendly before he was sold.

And yeah, Clement would have no doubt went on to have a good career with us if he hadn't followed Le Guen out the door

4 minutes ago, Amato said:

Bit of a trick question, he never played in a competitive match, pic is from a preseason friendly before he was sold.

And yeah, Clement would have no doubt went on to have a good career with us if he hadn't followed Le Guen out the door

Inigo has already pointed out it was Paul Ritchie....see my above post regarding the pre season game....at least I know I weren't imagining things?

15 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

Saw him play at Ibrox ?

Did a turn on bye line in front of the Govan that had everyone cheering 

He played a few games.....1 being at Mcdirmaid park, he set up the winner in a 3-2 victory if my memory serves me right,  I thought we had unearthed a gem at the time but it wasn't to be.

Jimmy Phillips.

Left back with no right foot. Left wasn't brilliant either.

He signed from Bolton.  Guy who worked in the Bolton office of the company I worked for lived next door to his parents and asked me to get press cuttings when he signed. Was about 10 words in the Evening Times  ?

8 hours ago, pcbear said:

Eric Morris, Eric Ferguson, Chris Robertson, Ally Scott.

I remember a winger called Iain Mcdo nald as well.

Yeah Iain Mcdonald was a young blonde winger if I remember who was expected to do great things for us. I think he got a bad injury and never fully recovered.

6 hours ago, bluedylan said:

Tommy Leeman signed from Glentoran I don't think he played a first team game 

Jock Wallace signed him not long into his second spell as manager , late 83 early 84 and the Glens had to wait to 2001 for the game that was part of the deal ?