MAN CHARGED FOLLOWING ASSAULT OF ASSISTANT REFEREE, LIVINGSTON

j1mgg

10 minutes ago, jim beam said:

Some right crackers on here,it was a coin he threw not a fucking hand grenade.

what would you say if someone lobbed a coin at you at your work? The guys no Pablo Escobar but he's a fucking idiot and what he did deserves no defence

23 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

what would you say if someone lobbed a coin at you at your work? The guys no Pablo Escobar but he's a fucking idiot and what he did deserves no defence

Not defending him,what he did was stupid as fuck but the OTT reaction by some on here is a joke.

20 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Certainly a stupid thing to do. But who hasn't done something stupid. 

There is a difference between doing something stupid and doing something stupid that injures someone and hurts the club.
This distinction must be made clear.

18 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

If I was a linesman warned of the dangers? Fuck all. 

3 hours ago, 72barca said:

There is a difference between doing something stupid and doing something stupid that injures someone and hurts the club.
This distinction must be made clear.

Never done something regrettable and got away with it?

If so did you wish you got caught to be hung in the gutter press in front of a nation? Doubt it. Shut the fuck up. 

7 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Also, if he is convicted and sentenced to a stretch (Dallas guy got three months) then any employer would be within their rights to terminate the employment of someone who is basically off work for no fault of the employer.

A custodial sentence terminates an employment contract anyway mate.

The mentality of some posters on here complaining more about any Rangers fan who helped the police catch the idiot is beyond me.  The idiot hit a linesman with a coin and caused an injury.  Any Rangers fan who gave a witness statement should be commended.  This childish talk about "grassing" is pathetic.  This isn't some old US gangster movie. Time for some in our support to grow up. The clown who threw the coin could do it again in a Euro game and can you imagine the outcry and repercussions for Rangers?   The linesman tonight could have cost us the game and 47,000 fans never threw anything worse than an insult.   

6 hours ago, Malvern said:

Get off the gear man, that makes no sense at all.

"excuse me mr police officer I would like to hand myself in for throwing the coin at the game but I am innocent".

Which part of beyond innocent do you not see?

I was asking fellow supporters if they had any change and the coin slipped out my hand ? 

46 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

The mentality of some posters on here complaining more about any Rangers fan who helped the police catch the idiot is beyond me.  The idiot hit a linesman with a coin and caused an injury.  Any Rangers fan who gave a witness statement should be commended.  This childish talk about "grassing" is pathetic.  This isn't some old US gangster movie. Time for some in our support to grow up. The clown who threw the coin could do it again in a Euro game and can you imagine the outcry and repercussions for Rangers?   The linesman tonight could have cost us the game and 47,000 fans never threw anything worse than an insult.   

That's a rotten point, people get hurt for grassing here as well as in movies :lol: