McCoist

1 hour ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

It took me till almost half time to realise it was him cause I was so pissed off that whoever it was musta been a fenian with the way he pronounced Morelos. 

Not trying to funny here, but do you ever go to Ibrox? The amount of people around me who call him Morales/Marales is frightening. I have been trying to correct my mate from day one and the mongo still can't say it properly.

11 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I'm just in from the game and me and my boy lost our voices going mental and celebrating, so no idea what Ally has said but unlikely I will give a fuck anyway given what yourself and others have said.

My boy told me it was the best game he has been at since he started going, proper buzzing seeing him so happy after it.

Those kind of nights are his and your payback for the shitey times we’ve come through. We grew up with plenty great times but for the likes of your lad they’ve been few and far between. He’ll remember that forever. 

2 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Those kind of nights are his and your payback for the shitey times we’ve come through. We grew up with plenty great times but for the likes of your lad they’ve been few and far between. He’ll remember that forever. 

True mate, a very far cry from the day Annan Athletic scored a late winner at Ibrox and that was the only time he has stood up and asked to leave.

I let the Ally thing drop a long time ago, we need to accept as a player he is a legend, as a manager he was gash. 

The guy is a Ger through and through and nobody can deny it, has to try and be balanced when commentating but I thought he was OK tonight.

9 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

i didn't hear anything that didn't sound like him pandering to his fenian pals and employers but I'll admit I'm biased

he breaks my heart every time i hear him him, he is undoubtedly a Rangers Legend but im starting to doubt if he actually supports us

Was it the repeatedly referring to us as "we" or the going on about the dodgy decision that went against us so many times and so forcefully that his co-commentator was getting tired of it that made you think he was pandering to his Fenian pals?

12 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Not trying to funny here, but do you ever go to Ibrox? The amount of people around me who call him Morales/Marales is frightening. I have been trying to correct my mate from day one and the mongo still can't say it properly.

Apart from European night where I can't get home, I've been to every home game this season. I heard a lot of folk, myself included getting his name wrong last season but everyone seems to have got it by now. 

Besides all that, Ally is a commentator, I've heard commentators pronounce all sorts of much more difficult names correctly. He's not just a commentator but a Rangers fan too and still can't get it right. That's why it took me till nearly half time to realise it was him cause as you know, he has a very distinctive voice. 

12 hours ago, Zambon said:

Let me tell you, there was nothing wrong with his commentary tonight.

Tav pen "the keeper dived the right way as well". Err ... no he didn't.

Ally's love of us is not in question, I'm sure his local bank manager would concur. But honestly he needs relegated to the radio these days. 

25 minutes ago, Drum said:

Tav pen "the keeper dived the right way as well". Err ... no he didn't.

Ally's love of us is not in question, I'm sure his local bank manager would concur. But honestly he needs relegated to the radio these days. 

I'm pretty sure there was an implied 'if' at the start of the sentence. I don't remember exactly what he said, but I think it was along the lines of:

(if) the keeper dives the right way, he's still not saving that.

8 minutes ago, Zambon said:

I'm pretty sure there was an implied 'if' at the start of the sentence. I don't remember exactly what he said, but I think it was along the lines of:

(if) the keeper dives the right way, he's still not saving that.

"even the keeper goes the right way, he ain't saving that" 

17 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

McCoist might be "a money grabbing bastard", "the worst manager we've ever had" or one of the other insults people on here want to lob at him but there is absolutely no way he's a tarrier ffs ??

15 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Also, all this shite about "taig pandering" is fucking ludicrous. McCoist isn't employed by Rangers TV. He's employed by BT Sports. He's supposed to be neutral and calls things as he sees them and like with EVERYONE, makes mistakes - but I watched back the highlights twice now and I can't hear anything but delight in his voice when winning so unsure where that's coming from. 

You're correct but sometimes it's like he tries desperately to remain neutral to the point it sounds like pandering to me

hes not a taig but he certainly doesnt act like he has any great love for Rangers

hes a shit manager and a shit pundit, tries to be everyones pal and just looks like a gullible fool