Candeias

RangersMedia

1 minute ago, MrMckee said:

My grandad just rang to complain about the game today. Apparently candieas and Morelos are awful, the CB (assume he means katic) canny pass a baw. I thought there were some valid points until he said that tavernier can't take penalties because he doesn't put them in the corner :lol:

@Mr Soprano didn't know you two have the same granda :lol:

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

@Mr Soprano didn't know you two have the same granda :lol:

I bet there's a few out there with the same grandad mate :lol: Got to add pronouncing every player's name wrong as well to the list. Tell you what he was right about one thing and that was calling Pena a big barell of lard :lol:

45 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

And I'm still waiting on the math for how you worked out Kent & Middleton are 20 times the player Candeias is.....just ignore that :lol: 

Yeah quote a throwaway line that's trivial and forget the fact he's shite away from home

are you sleeping with him?

34 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

What's the reason then Gerrard never played him in the 3 biggest away league games of the season is he's so great

Dunno. What's the reason he did play him in 4 of the biggest away European ones?

You know, Ufa, Maribor, Villareal and Skupi? The ones you said he didn't play in when you were accusing me of not reading people's posts?

Doesn't trust him enough to play him away against Aberdeen, celtic and Motherwell, yet plays him away against Ufa, Maribor, Villareal and Skupi.

Mind blown.

15 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Dunno. What's the reason he did play him in 4 of the biggest away European ones?

You know, Ufa, Maribor, Villareal and Skupi? The ones you said he didn't play in when you were accusing me of not reading people's posts?

Doesn't trust him enough to play him away against Aberdeen, celtic and Motherwell, yet plays him away against Ufa, Maribor, Villareal and Skupi.

Mind blown.

So you don't know why he didn't play your idol? In 3 of 3 biggest games of the season 

yet played him against such illustrious names as ufa and Maribor and skupi , big names eh ffs

thats his level he's used to playing in 3 rd rate leagues around Europe 

but try playing in Scotland where there's no time and the defender is up his arse he's fkn lost (away from home)

1 hour ago, Ivybank said:

Bollocks I was at all 3 games that's incorrect

Aye. Bollocks. You were obviously pished then! :lol: Are you telling me that when we beat Ufa,  we were effectively playing with 8 men at the end then? 

1 hour ago, Ivybank said:

Yeah quote a throwaway line that's trivial and forget the fact he's shite away from home

are you sleeping with him?

GOT IT!!! 

Yes, he I am, and you're quite obviously jealous!!! :lol: :lol: 

39 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

So you don't know why he didn't play your idol? In 3 of 3 biggest games of the season 

yet played him against such illustrious names as ufa and Maribor and skupi , big names eh ffs

but try playing in Scotland where there's no time and the defender is up his arse he's fkn lost (away from home)

Idol... Lol.

Of course I don't know. Same as I don't know why Kent didn't start in alot of important away games, or Katic in various games. Or whoever else. I take it every time he doesn't play someone it's lack of trust!? Did he not trust Kent when he didn't start 3 or 4 big away games? Lol. 

I mean, clearly it's not a straightforward matter of trust, otherwise he wouldn't have played him against the 'illustrious' names of Maribor, Ufa and Skupi (as if they're any less illustrious than Motherwell or Aberdeen... lol), not to mention Villareal that are better on paper than celtic.

So it's the amazing marking prowess of the Scottish defender now is it? He plays against Ufa, Maribor and Villareal, but not the sheep or Motherwell because they defend better, is what you're essentually saying there. Interesting view.

One of the more ridiculous arguments I've heard tbh.

Your argument essentially implies that Aberdeen, Motherwell and celtic are big away games but Ufa, Maribor and Villareal are not. That defenders from the former three are tougher to play against than defenders from the latter three. 

Incidentally, you should check out Maribor's record in the last 5 or 6 years if you think they're less illustrious than the sheep or Motherwell. Or sellic, for that matter. 

Candeias plays almost all of his good matches on large pitches. He doesn't have a good enough touch for the small artificial pitches in the SPL and isn't skillful enough to beat players on narrow parks. He's effective at Ibrox where he has the work rate to track back and him and Tav can create space for each other.

We're still badly lacking talent/creativity for the small away games when teams park the bus especially if you don't have any threat coming from  LB when Halliday or Flanagan play.

11 hours ago, Ivybank said:

What's the reason then Gerrard never played him in the 3 biggest away league games of the season is he's so great

Aberdeen - He played virtually every game before that and he played in the Maribor game which was the game after so perhaps resting him, I don't know. 

Tims - to shoe horn Lafferty into the team.

Motherwell - We didn't play with any wingers.

It's obvious that in the early part of the season Gerrard played what he perceived to be his strongest team in Europe and Candeias started every game.

1 hour ago, OrangeRab said:

Candeias plays almost all of his good matches on large pitches. He doesn't have a good enough touch for the small artificial pitches in the SPL and isn't skillful enough to beat players on narrow parks. He's effective at Ibrox where he has the work rate to track back and him and Tav can create space for each other.

We're still badly lacking talent/creativity for the small away games when teams park the bus especially if you don't have any threat coming from  LB when Halliday or Flanagan play.

Spot on, especially the first sentence which is my whole point ,a guy that can't play on a tight pitch , so what's the point of playing him away from home?

11 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Didn't think I'd ever see anyone posting more pish than me!

?

13 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Was playing a different formation against the taigs and Motherwell, so could be that.

He clearly rates and trusts him, as he has played in the biggest games in Europe.