***The Official Rangers V Hearts Match Thread***

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, rangersross said:

Just had a look at the table again and we badly needed that. In fact, we can't really afford to drop too many points over the coming months, as we've got a decent haul of points to claw back. Very pleased with the last two results but we need to dramatically change our form away from home. 

If hearts had won today, they would have had double our points tally.

Just now, The Ibrox Derry said:

You happy with the 2nd half performance? Iam not.

You won't give the same 11 a break after the effort they'd put in over 135 mins? They had a game sewn up against the league leaders in 35 mins.

The second 45 countless chances were made and it could have been 5,6,7. Tiredness caught up but the game was won at half time.

18 minutes ago, Mols94 said:

Gerrard is determined to get both Lafferty and Morelos in the same team

Sadly

13 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Gerrard will rip the team for this second half.

Hopefully

12 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Ejaria coming off made all the difference 

Just broke the passing momentum we were having in the middle of the park

Definitely

10 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Great result.  Great week.

Indubitably

7 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

thought SG could have helped with better and earlier subs, especially when they went to 10 men

Can’t think of a ‘ly’ that describes the fact that the wrong subs were made.

incredible that i’m disappointed with a 3-1 win over the current league leaders. But I am. We were superb in the first half. Even with that performance in the second we could have won 6-1, but sadly also could have ended 3-3. I’m guessing that we would have upped it again had they scored another though.

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

:lol:

wow man.

what a fucking pathetic bunch some.of our support are.

these match threads are fucking potty

I'm fucking delighted with the result but we make things more difficult for ourselves than they need to be. Was fucking shitting myself last 15 mins as I've seen it too many times before. If we had drawn that our season would have been fucked. Psychology we wouldn't have recovered. That's why Iam angry.

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

You won't give the same 11 a break after the effort they'd put in over 135 mins? They had a game sewn up against the league leaders in 35 mins.

The second 45 countless chances were made and it could have been 5,6,7. Tiredness caught up but the game was won at half time.

This!

Just now, cushynumber said:

If hearts had won today, they would have had double our points tally.

Sobering that. Amazing though, really, because we all watch a lot of football and (as far as I can tell) we all feel there's been a genuine improvement across the board. In fact, the European performances prove that beyond a doubt. There have been games (like the opener against Aberdeen) that we absolutely deserved to win (and would've dominated if it wasn't for bad refereeing) but now's the time the has to start consistently translating into points. 

2 minutes ago, Garnock Blue said:

SG needs to stop making subs when we are about to defend a set piece in our box...disrupts concentration..apart from that got the job done FH. Brilliant result against a handy Hearts outfit. NS

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. It's about the only thing he did wrong today, but he's got to notice that's twice now. Basic stuff!

Just now, The Ibrox Derry said:

I'm fucking delighted with the result but we make things more difficult for ourselves than they need to be. Was fucking shitting myself last 15 mins as I've seen it too many times before. If we had drawn that our season would have been fucked. Psychology we wouldn't have recovered. That's why Iam angry.

:lol:

You're talking like we were hanging on ya mad bastard

7 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Naismith cuts a sad little figure walking off the pitch where he could have made himself an absolute legend. Instead he sees out his career as a judas cunt despised by more people than he's respected by.

part of me still expects him to be brought back eventually. Fucking hope not but it wouldn't surprise me tbh.

2 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

Don't think there's any doubt the players have sent the desired message mate.

That big result midweek and today beating the league leaders at a canter. This last week speaks volumes about our progress.

The only disappointment for me now is we don't get the opportunity to keep the momentum going for a couple of weeks due to this shitty break. 

Aye I know. Just being greedy again. But imagine we took 6 off them today like the junkies did with Hamilton. That was a distinct possibility he we kept on it. 

Think Gerrard should have got Middleton on. He always ups the ante. 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Iam angry about the potential disaster if we had drawn. 

1 minute ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

So you are fuming because we conceded two imaginary goals?

Fuck me, i might have to do another thread on some of these beauties!

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Candeias my motm. He tired 2nd half but fantastic first half. Tough wee guy, their number 3 will be having nightmares tonight

Agreed - love his effort levels. Something positive that came of the Caixinha shitshow.

1 minute ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Strangely enough, I wasn't worried in the slightest.  At no point did we really look like we struggled today.  The second half wasn't great, but it was more than enough.

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Bang on! It's great we're disappointed with a 3-1 win against the runaway leaders, but FFS..... :lol: 

1 minute ago, rangersross said:

Sobering that. Amazing though, really, because we all watch a lot of football and (as far as I can tell) we all feel there's been a genuine improvement across the board. In fact, the European performances prove that beyond a doubt. There have been games (like the opener against Aberdeen) that we absolutely deserved to win (and would've dominated if it wasn't for bad refereeing) but now's the time the has to start consistently translating into points. 

Home & Europe we perform brilliantly, away from home though, i've no fucking idea whats causing all our problems. 

Archived