***The Official Rangers V Hearts Match Thread***

ForeverAndEver

1 minute ago, the brown brogue said:

Anyone who says they wouldn't have taken 3-1 before the game is a liar. 

However after leading 3-0 at half time I expected a more positive 2nd half performance, especially when Hearts went down to 10 men and it really didn't knock them out of their stride. Our slackness at the back, particularly Goldson's distribution, is a concern but all in all a good win to follow up the Rapid game. 

And a much needed win at that, seeing how the other teams in the top 6 have got on this weekend. 

In what way is it a concern?? 

For some of you, it's like the same team hadn't met with Rapid at all on Thursday.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

If we can play like the first half, away,  we will be sorted.  

You could see how tired the lads were getting,  but they carried on pushing as much as they physically could. 

I'm a little wet and frozen so time for another whisky!  Cheers.  

What whisky you tasting STG? 

3 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

Anyone who says they wouldn't have taken 3-1 before the game is a liar. 

However after leading 3-0 at half time I expected a more positive 2nd half performance, especially when Hearts went down to 10 men and it really didn't knock them out of their stride. Our slackness at the back, particularly Goldson's distribution, is a concern but all in all a good win to follow up the Rapid game. 

And a much needed win at that, seeing how the other teams in the top 6 have got on this weekend. 

It has been really poor in recent weeks compared to his early games

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The only thing that people could have a legitimate gripe about today is that Gerrard should have made the final two subs much earlier.   

I expected him to freshen things up in the forward line when our tempo dropped, particularly Middleton to just run at them and try to take advantage of the extra space we should have had when they went down to 10 men.

But plenty time for tired legs to recover for the Hamilton game and hopefully get on the winning trail away from home 

Was disappointed during second half as we didn't score more goals but as others have said the players have put in some shift the last 2 home games. 

Brilliant result and handed hearts their arse today........happy days ?

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The only thing that people could have a legitimate gripe about today is that Gerrard should have made the final two subs much earlier.   

I didn't think he should've made the substitution while we were defending - we lost a stupid goal there and gave them undeserved confidence 

edit: fuck em :lol:

20 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I'm fucking delighted with the result but we make things more difficult for ourselves than they need to be. Was fucking shitting myself last 15 mins as I've seen it too many times before. If we had drawn that our season would have been fucked. Psychology we wouldn't have recovered. That's why Iam angry.

Okay, a wee bit dramatic mate, but understandable...to a point.

As a regular poster and having been through the last few years, I can sort of understand where you're coming from, but it really hasn't any relevance to today.

We controlled the game, apart form the two cracking saves early doors by McGregor. If we needed to score in the second half to win the game, I don't doubt for a second we would have. We absolutely humped that (unbeaten in the League) team and that was a huge marker left to every team in this country/league. Let's just enjoy a quite superb first half performance, a great performance over all and enjoy the fact that we have the makings of a really good team. That was a huge win today...enjoy.

I'm certainly quite happy with my £25 at 9/1.

WATP

13 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Hearts will be a handful for anyone this season. Thats a good 3 points.

This is going to be a very tight race for the title. Hibs and Hearts are no mugs. The gap at the top between the Old firm and the rest is about as close as it’s ever likely to get 

19 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I'll be honest mate I thought we'd struggle today. Didn't comment on it pre match but it was niggling at me. Hearts were flying and we had just come off a game on Thursday in which the Rapid captain commented that the pace we played them at left them struggling for.breath. it had me thinking that if that was how they felt then our players must be fucked.

That was a great first 45 and to.have it sewn up by HT was fantastic 

Yeah I was a bit concerned too. I thought it would be really scrappy and a struggle so to get it wrapped up quickly was superb. We are going places now, we just need to iron out the inconsistency. 

Have to be pleased with that result, it was a tricky tie for sure.

Those whinging about the scum and scum lite getting 6 need to remember this was an unbeaten side sitting top of the table not cannon fodder like Hamilton or st Johnstone (who we put 5 past a few weekends ago).

Onwards and upwards

17 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Not really a gripe, I would have liked Middleton on to run at their tired defenders just to see them tortured.  

4 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

This is going to be a very tight race for the title. Hibs and Hearts are no mugs. The gap at the top between the Old firm and the rest is about as close as it’s ever likely to get 

Absolutely, beat the league leaders today and we're still sitting in 6th place. 

This season could end up with a record low winning points total as the top 6 all look like they're capable of beating each other. 

26 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Hearts will be a handful for anyone this season. Thats a good 3 points.

I know what you mean but folk said the same about Motherwell after we threw that game away. Look at the results they’ve had recently. 

Hearts are different gravy right enough, 

4 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

Absolutely, beat the league leaders today and we're still sitting in 6th place. 

This season could end up with a record low winning points total as the top 6 all look like they're capable of beating each other. 

Livi and Killie will drop out IMO.

Gonna get a tough game at Easter Road

3 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Livi and Killie will drop out IMO.

Gonna get a tough game at Easter Road

Livi will, but their home advantage will see them pick up points against anyone. Aberdeen will likely take their place in the top 6 unfortunately and Hibs I thought would drop away this season after losing McGinn and McGeough but they're looking strong and will give anyone a game at Easter Road. 

But all our players can do is focus on their own performances and results, if we can start winning games away from home we won't be far off come the end of the season. 

A topsy turvy game in which we looked open in parts, but we really took our chances. Kent was unbelievable, as was Flanagan.

Totally lost our way after Ejaria went off, which proves how important he is for us. 

Delighted with the win though, it was absolutely crucial we got the 3 points. 

Archived