Rapid captain

sausagetrunks

They don't have their problems to seek in Austria so to be that open about how we played is very refreshing.  Kudos to him because god knows we'd not see that from teams in the UK let alone Scotland.

1 hour ago, Aubie92 said:

I didn't read his comment that way, but it's a fairly valid point - tens of thousands stayed away from Ibrox during Wallace's second stint, but were clamouring for tickers once Souness arrived. Those of us that grew up during 9IAR and after have largely stuck by the club over the last seven years though, so not many would label us glory hunters.

I get that point of view as well though obviously through Mr Wallace's time in charge I am not old enough to remember how bad things got we have stayed strong as a support the last few years.

12 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Come back and say that when you’re an adult. I’ve probably been on this forum longer than you’ve been able to Talk. 

That would probably make him about 12 years old in your mind then, ya wrong yin.

23 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Absolutely! In the past few years we have been continentally conditioned by Warbs and Pedro. SG has installed British fitness which is much more stamina based because our climate allows us to play to that tempo for 90mins.

Once they slowed down (Villareal did too!!) Our fitness comes into play and gaps appear. Just look at the lazy leg tackle at the penalty and the 'queen mary turn' by the centre half at the third coupled with Candeais tearing after his own clearance 

Dont underestimate stamina - Jock Wallace would be back me all the way! 

All that walking from the hotel to the training ground in Spain back in June has put us in good stead ???

Didnt pedro have them in double sessions pre season on fitness? 

23 hours ago, TMB said:

Daniel Candeias chasing down the ball in the 90th minute just epitomized the attitude and work effort of all the players at times.  Candeias puts in a superhuman effort at times the home game against Osijek another perfect example.  He leaves nothing on the pitch.

~He's one of my favouritein this team for that exact reason. I know it's thrown around a lot about his stamina and his gritty attitude but it really is a joy to watch how he has taken our club in his heart and the effort he musters because of it. 

Players like Candeias are paramount in any successful team.

12 hours ago, plumbGER said:

That would probably make him about 12 years old in your mind then, ya wrong yin.

Yep - that’s about the age I reckoned he was 12 or maybe 13 at a push - his comments were so juvenile 

18 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Went to games?  I have been going longer than you ????????, You see more Da  took me the Greig years, was at the 3 Scottish cup finals with him against Hibs in 79, also at the league cup final that year when bomber Jackson scored the winner late on against a Alex Fergusons Aberdeen,  i have been a season ticket holder for fuck knows how long , I have nearly 8000 shares as I spent £5k on shares ,  Where as you came when Souness came ya cunt, I got the 89 bus back then at Springfield rd to Ibrox straight across from the beggerdome, my da would not let me go to the 4-2 game in 79 but I was at the Alex miller game in Aug 1980 when he scored the winner with seconds to go, So because you got a season book a season or 2 after Souness came you call me a part timer?  My first book was £50 and called a rover or something like that, I actually remember as a child someone drinking a plastic pint of bear in the Copland rd stand before the riot and tha alcohol ban was introduced.  

My da came from Bridgeon all his days ya fucking muppet , yes my health does restrict me at times as I am struggling for tomorrow but my wife says she will take my son who is 9 and autistic tomorrow with his new long sleeve Rangers jersey to the seat he had since he was born.

Just like me my son will be more of a Rangers man than a clown like you ever will, your just a fucking glory hunter who did not know where Ibrox was until Souness arrived.  

Rule Britannia and fuck the snp as no Rangers fan in their right mind would vote for that shower of scum,   

Lol I’ve had the season ticket for 31  years but being going to games a lot longer than that - and would have had a season ticket earlier but was in the army for nearly 7 years and was going even before that. And I vote SNP because they are the best party for Scotland and unlike many on here, I don’t vote based on which football team I support. 

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Lol I’ve had the season ticket for 31  years but being going to games a lot longer than that - and would have had a season ticket earlier but was in the army for nearly 7 years and was going even before that. And I vote SNP because they are the best party for Scotland and unlike many on here, I don’t vote based on which football team I support. 

I’ll crack the jokes. 

7 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

I don't really get why 'glory hunter ' is viewed as a bad thing tbh , surely everyone is ? Why would you support or follow any team etc and not want too be winning stuff 

Many follow when we are not winning - some only follow when we are winning - but each to their own, but yes we all want to win things. 

2 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

...if you are a tim seeking to sideline the protestant community.

Most of us are probably non church goers - no religion at all. But ‘if’ one wanted to get majority support, and most folk on here think we are a predominantly Protestant country, why would anyone want to deliberately alienate the majority? It’s a daft argument really. 

19 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Went to games?  I have been going longer than you ????????, You see more Da  took me the Greig years, was at the 3 Scottish cup finals with him against Hibs in 79, also at the league cup final that year when bomber Jackson scored the winner late on against a Alex Fergusons Aberdeen,  i have been a season ticket holder for fuck knows how long , I have nearly 8000 shares as I spent £5k on shares ,  Where as you came when Souness came ya cunt, I got the 89 bus back then at Springfield rd to Ibrox straight across from the beggerdome, my da would not let me go to the 4-2 game in 79 but I was at the Alex miller game in Aug 1980 when he scored the winner with seconds to go, So because you got a season book a season or 2 after Souness came you call me a part timer?  My first book was £50 and called a rover or something like that, I actually remember as a child someone drinking a plastic pint of bear in the Copland rd stand before the riot and tha alcohol ban was introduced.  

My da came from Bridgeon all his days ya fucking muppet , yes my health does restrict me at times as I am struggling for tomorrow but my wife says she will take my son who is 9 and autistic tomorrow with his new long sleeve Rangers jersey to the seat he had since he was born.

Just like me my son will be more of a Rangers man than a clown like you ever will, your just a fucking glory hunter who did not know where Ibrox was until Souness arrived.  

Rule Britannia and fuck the snp as no Rangers fan in their right mind would vote for that shower of scum,   

The Rover season ticket was 40 quid and you could sit in any seat in any stand apart from the Main Stand, imagine the chaos that would cause now! I think it was the early eighties maybe when our attendances were shite.

I had a big box of programmes, ticket stubs season books etc, when I left home my old man chucked the lot just why the fuck he would di that I have no clue.

The Rover was a little blue book if I remember correctly.

7 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

No issues with chatting politely to anyone - strange comment from you. 

You weren't chatting to him politely.

Not as strange as chatting to someone you presume to be a minor, worth the watching now, never had you down like that too.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

You weren't chatting to him politely.

Not as strange as chatting to someone you presume to be a minor, worth the watching now, never had you down like that too.

What’s wrong with chatting to someone aged 12 or 13 - you’re getting confused between chatting and grooming. 

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

What’s wrong with chatting to someone aged 12 or 13 - you’re getting confused between chatting and grooming. 

The way you were talking to him and trying to degrade him is vile considering what you to perceive his age.

Dodgy behaviour from you.

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

The way you were talking to him and trying to degrade him is vile considering what you to perceive his age.

Dodgy behaviour from you.

Ach if he’s old enough to try to have a go (verbally) he’s old enough to take a wee rebuke.