It’s just one line in the Hootsmon but,

They Gnu

16 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I think people don't understand what being offended means. It's been built into this big thing that nobody should ever be, and people take exception to being called it because the idea of being offended has been ridiculed so much recently.

In actual fact, being 'annoyed' is part of what it means to be offended. Being offended IS being annoyed. It's in the actual definition. So I don't see why you'd be fine to be called annoyed, but irritated to be called offended.

Happy to report that I'm not offended/annoyed by you"re reply..........I think.

24 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

So why is it completely obvious?

Dunno. It just is. To everyone but your fine self, apparently.

I mean, I'm prerty sure I could take a crack at explaining, but it's so inane I'm not going to bother. 

Just now, eejay the dj said:

The OP never once said he was offended 

Jesus jobsworths on here nowadays 

I always laugh when it's guys having a go at an OP .When these same posters very rarely start a thread themselves 

You don't have to actually say you're offended to be offended.

Offended means to be annoyed by a perceived insult. This seems to apply pretty clearly. 

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

You don't have to actually say you're offended to be offended.

Offended means to be annoyed by a perceived insult. This seems to apply pretty clearly. 

Thought you were away and wasted too much  time talking rubbish  with the OP for too long ?

You decided to bore the tits off me now 

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Thought you were away and wasted too much  time talking rubbish  with the OP for too long ?

You decided to bore the tits off me now 

Nope, still here. Was waiting for you to appear, mate. Couldn't miss your contribution, could I?

Still a bit sore, eejay? ?

12 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The OP never once said he was offended 

Jesus jobsworths on here nowadays 

I always laugh when it's guys having a go at an OP .When these same posters very rarely start a thread themselves 

So not only are we arguing about the meaning of “offence” and “claimed”, we’ve now got to throw “jobsworth” in the mix as well.

9 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

So not only are we arguing about the meaning of “offence” and “claimed”, we’ve now got to throw “jobsworth” in the mix as well.

So what is the argument about the meaning of offence, I posted the definition earlier. 

Tbf the OP is correct on a wider scale not this specific subject though. 

STV went with a Mark Walters racism story and the headline really did imply he experienced racism at us but continued to play for his love of football when we all know where he experienced racism.