It’s just one line in the Hootsmon but,

They Gnu

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Tbf the OP is correct on a wider scale not this specific subject though. 

STV went with a Mark Walters racism story and the headline really did imply he experienced racism at us but continued to play for his love of football when we all know where he experienced racism. 

Yeah that one was definitely naughty. But highlighting stuff like this only detracts from our case when stuff like that actually does happen imo. 

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

Yeah that one was definitely naughty. But highlighting stuff like this only detracts from our case when stuff like that actually does happen imo. 

Aye it’s picking the battles tbh. This one really is a non-story any football fan knows for a fact from Brighton to Rangers on a Euro night is no question but the Walters story is the more serious issue. 

The media are quick to print poor headlines and then change them but the original headline is already in the public eye. 

4 hours ago, They Gnu said:

An anonymous hack in the Scotsman used what I thought was a strange line when writing  talking about Connor Goldsons thoughts on Thursdays game. The Wolverhampton born player CLAIMED he had never experienced an atmosphere like it? Is he suggesting he’s lying.

Whilst I actually don't necessarily agree with you on this point, I fully agree that you're raising a point you find strange without feeling offended. It's fuck all about being offended or taking offence to something.

Some just like to throw that line around like confetti when issues that don't bother them in the slightest are highlighted by others. Pretty offensive behaviour it is too....

Definition of 'claim'

1. verb

If you say that someone claims that something is true, you mean they say that it is true but you are not sure whether or not they are telling the truth.

2. countable noun [oft NOUN that]

A claim is something which someone says which they cannot prove and which may be false.

3. verb

If you say that someone claims responsibility or credit for something, you mean they say that they are responsible for it, but you are not sure whether or not they are telling the truth.

So the anonymous hack was using poor English. Either that he was fucking at it.

10 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

He hasn’t though has he ?

Exactly mate, I moved to the south coast aged 5, played for Brighton st youth level starting when Gordon Smith was there, as much as they have come back from the brink of oblivion and I’m pleased for them in the 30 odd years I’ve had a interest in their going’s on I can 100% there will never be a day/night anycunt associated with that club will have experienced a night like that. Their biggest game is Crystal fucking Palace ffs. Fond memories of the club they gave me a chance I never took advantage of but they are nothing compared to Rangers. 

What the fuck's the "Hootsmon"? 

Why can people never just use the original word, instead of turning it into some childish pish. I spend more time trying to figure out who, or what is meant half the time and the results are always hugely disappointing. 

Apart from Gordon Strapon, obviously. 

To be fair, it is a claim. 

Whether or not he has experienced an atmosphere like it is a matter of fact. He has claimed that he hasn’t. 

Had he called it the best atmosphere he’d ever played in, then that would be a matter of opinion, so the use of ‘claim’ would be slightly more controversial. 

Even then, it’s pedantic as fuck. The journalist that penned the article probably didn't spent all-that much time considering what verb to use.

1 hour ago, BlueMe said:

Why can people never just use the original word, instead of turning it into some childish pish. I spend more time trying to figure out who, or what is meant half the time and the results are always hugely disappointing. 

4 hours ago, BlueMe said:

Why can’t cunts stop whining like bitches, so Strapon ok but Hootsmon shite because it confuses you. 

10 hours ago, Don54 said:

Definition of 'claim'

1. verb

If you say that someone claims that something is true, you mean they say that it is true but you are not sure whether or not they are telling the truth.

2. countable noun [oft NOUN that]

A claim is something which someone says which they cannot prove and which may be false.

3. verb

If you say that someone claims responsibility or credit for something, you mean they say that they are responsible for it, but you are not sure whether or not they are telling the truth.

So the anonymous hack was using poor English. Either that he was fucking at it.

He was bang at it. Consumer TV Shows all do it to push the line they want, like Mrs Blogs said such and such but the builder/supplier/ company claimed such and such. The Devil  is in the detail and far from being pedantic it jumped out at me