Gollum Gone ?

6 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

Here's his new job. Looks like it's a step up for him and he's effectively going to be the Scottish Sports editor with the changes coming for the new BBC TV channel in Scotland. Not an attend games and commentate role, and if anything I'd suggest it gives him more influence.

https://careerssearch.bbc.co.uk/jobs/job/Sports-News-Correspondent-BBC-Scotland-News/29068

Funny bit in the 'Are you the right candidate section', which says "You will have good knowledge of sport and an understanding of the workings of sport away from the field of play" which in BBC Scotland language just means you must have previously had a season ticket at the piggery and understand you don't ever question Desmond or Lawwell. 

A new flagship show and they shunt in the same tired old bodies...

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

A new flagship show and they shunt in the same tired old bodies...

He seems perfectly qualified

"the ability to engage the audience with creative storytelling"

"You will have endless ideas for creative storytelling techniques to make sure our journalism is unique"

Still reports to Richard Wilson, Assistant Editor for BBC Scotland Sport News?

10 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

to be honest the man is a complete non-entity anyway. I couldn't care less what he does now. "Sports news correspondent" could be covering caber tossing in Drumnadrochit. One thing is for sure - none of the changes re English and Gollum is a coincidence.

I hope you are right Cushy, it is ridiculous that a public funded broadcaster is not covering games from the stadium. I understand why some of our fans want it to continue to be like that but it is stopping thousands of Rangers fans from hearing and seeing about their team. 

Hopefully we will find out soon what is going on. 

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It seems like promotion S, hopefully promoted well away from talking about us. :happy:

I hope he's not got the job in that link posted earlier in the thread 

Job Introduction
BBC Scotlands news is looking for a Sports News Correspondent who can bring something different to the world of Sports News. They will become a key figure in our family of on-air faces, providing authoritative storytelling, creative treatments and a raft of original stories to the programme.

The Sports News Correspondent will be a key role, covering stories from across the sporting spectrum, but also expected to lead our original journalism, and occasionally travelling to big stories in the rest of the UK and abroad.

This role is being created as part of the investment in the nine oclock news programme on BBC Scotlands new TV channel, which is due to launch next February. The successful candidate will have a focus on this programme, and across all our other news outlets on TV, radio, website and social media.

The nine oclock news (subject to Ofcom approval) will be an hour-long week-night news programme (with shorter bulletins at the weekend), featuring the best of Scottish, UK and international journalism with the needs of a Scottish audience at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract a new audience to the BBC, and to combine the best of BBC talent with some new faces.

The BBC is committed to redeploying employees seeking suitable alternative employment within the BBC for different reasons and they will be given priority consideration ahead of other applicants. Priority consideration means for those employees seeking redeployment their application will be considered alongside anyone else at risk of redundancy, prior to any individuals being considered who are not at risk.

https://careerssearch.bbc.co.uk/jobs/job/Sports-News-Correspondent-BBC-Scotland-News/29068

14 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Just been reading that he’s said his post match interview with Roy Rogers was his last, he’s being moved.

There were rumours that the bosses down south were getting pissed off, they can’t get coverage of  Gerrard.

Moving him to Manchester (not far enough)

We win again (I think)

they said on sportsound the other day he was moving to another job  did not mention manchester

9 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

On a similar topic,who in their right mind at BT sports thought it was good programming to cover St J v the mhanky mob over Rangers v League leaders Hearts at Ibrox??? Hope his baws are still hurting from the kicking he got.

They don't show our home league games...

1 hour ago, BlueRD said:

If BBC Scotland do try to start covering our games again and  turning up at our press conferences, I hope we do ban them. I'd let 5live in though.

If Gollum is away to Manchester, isn't that risking letting him in? Sure that's where the Beeb are located now!

On 07/10/2018 at 22:33, sassaaaa said:

I couldnt give a fuck who they hire or fire , we should be telling them they wont ever be allowed near anything to do with the club..........

?

..... unless they lose their pro ira staff and replace them with PUL staff .... this way they cannot say we didn't offer them a decent alternative and hopefully they continue with their self imposed ban ... forever ... :p:

:UK:

Don't care if the Beeb are banned forever or not,Their coverage of our games will always have that 'green' bias against us and can you imagine the outcry they'll create over songs being sung,now that Ibrox has come back to life?

Well done Coopsleftboot. You are doing a great job. I don't know if you could open some sort of petition like you see on Facebook? I would support you and send to all my Rangers supporting friends on Facebook as I am sure many others would. BBC Scotland needs gutted from top to bottom. Anyway, keep up the good fight. 

19 hours ago, magic8ball said:

he will still be banned from ibrox 

the reason the BBC banned themselves was in support of their colleague 

if they come back cap in hand they are going to look pretty stupid .

oh and they will 

He’s technically not banned but has no press privileges so can’t attend media conferences or speak to the manager or players.

2 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

I'm one of the complainers.  Initiated my complaint during the lack of coverage during Europa Qualifiers.  Complaint has been escalated and escalated again and now sits somewhere in the Executive Complaints Unit down south.  20 working days for them to respond expires on 18th October.

My complaint and responses thus far;

To Whom it May Concern,

I write (as advised in my last response from the BBC Complaints team) to continue through the complaints process with Regards to Case Number xxxxxxxxxxx, as I feel my query has not been fully satisfied.  I am content that the complaint has gone through due process in accordance with your rules and timescales, but I must say the explanation and outcome is less than satisfactory for me as a license player.  My initial complaint was over the coverage of Rangers games in European Qualifying matches, and it developed into a query on coverage of Rangers games in general.  Firstly, see below the history of the complaint;

1.       MY COMPLAINT initiated 21st August 2018: Complaint Summary: Coverage of Scottish European Qualifying Games

Full Complaint: I returned to Scotland recently after 10 years abroad. One of the things I looked forward to was catching up with Scottish football on the radio. I'm just a general football fan, particularly looking out for Scottish teams in Europe, and I listen to most games involving any teams, particularly when travelling if they're on. But I do have a soft spot for Rangers in particular, so I was particularly keen on hearing the European Qualifying games involving them. I understand that as a public service provider, Radio Scotland has to maintain a broad appeal so I wouldn't expect to hear every minute of their games, but I would expect to hear a fair share of the action. But during the previous three rounds, Radio Scotland favoured EVERY Hibs game ahead of Rangers games, particularly the home games. Even last week, you only cut to the Rangers game after the Hibs game had finished. I've been hearing the trailers today for the coverage of this weeks qualifiers and it sounds like you are live broadcasting the whole of celtic's game and not bothering with the Rangers game at all, other than providing updates as events unfold. The kick offs for both games mean you could broadcast the games back to back, so obviously I'm curious as to why you aren't doing so?

BBC Response (22nd August): Thank you for getting in touch about Sportsound and our coverage of the European qualifiers. We don’t hold the rights to broadcast coverage of Rangers v FC Ufa. We realise this may be disappointing but hope the clarification is helpful.  Thank you, once again, for taking the time to contact us.  Kind regards, Nathan Lynch, BBC Complaints Team

2.       MY FOLLOW UP (22nd August):

Full Complaint: In your response to my original query regarding coverage of, in particular, the Rangers games in qualifying, I asked about this weeks qualifier in particular. Your response was to tell me that you don't have the rights for this weeks game. You didn't cover the previous home games either. Was this because you also didn't have the rights for those either? You had the rights for Aberdeen, celtic and Hibernian, so why not Rangers? Will this extend into the league season also? Or will I be able to hear live coverage of games from all venues, including Ibrox?

BBC Response (20th September): Thank you for taking the time to contact us again. We appreciate that you feel strongly about Sportsound’s coverage of the European qualifiers and are sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with our earlier response. We raised your concerns with the relevant teams at BBC Scotland. We are disappointed with the ongoing situation with Rangers, who have withdrawn the media credentials of one of our reporters (thus preventing him from reporting from Ibrox). We continue to discuss a resolution of this matter with the club but until it is resolved we will not be sending journalists to Ibrox or attending Rangers’ press conferences. We will continue to report on Rangers both on and off the pitch and will feature match action where appropriate.  The level of coverage is decided on a case by case basis, we will be providing live radio commentary of Villarreal v Rangers on Thursday 20 September. Kind regards, Andrew McCormick, BBC Complaints Team.

I received a separate email to tell me that the local complaint was exhausted and I'd need to take up with the Executive Complaints Unit if I wasn't satisfied with the response received.  So I wrote to them on 20th September: 

To Whom it May Concern,

I write (as advised in my last response from the BBC Complaints team) to continue through the complaints process with Regards to Case Number xxxxxxxxxxx, as I feel my query has not been fully satisfied.  I am content that the complaint has gone through due process in accordance with your rules and timescales, but I must say the explanation and outcome is less than satisfactory for me as a license player.  My initial complaint was over the coverage of Rangers games in European Qualifying matches, and it developed into a query on coverage of Rangers games in general. Please see attached the history of the complaint;

My reason for continuing with the complaint, is that it emerged in the second response that BBC Scotland (Sportsound) are refusing to cover Rangers home games or attend press conferences because there appears to be a dispute between Rangers and one BBC journalist (see highlighted text).   Perhaps I could be furnished with the details of the dispute so as to understand why BBC Scotland refuse to send a reporter?  Otherwise, as a tax and license payer, I find that entirely unacceptable.  BBC Scotland have several sports reporters they can send instead of the one in dispute.  Why won’t they send another?  As a licence payer, myself and, in fact, a very large licence paying demograph in Scotland are being denied the same right to hear Rangers live games and news from Ibrox, just as every other SPFL Premier supporter can hear games and news from their clubs.  In fact, as a result of this BBC action, away teams playing at Ibrox are also being denied this same coverage!  As the BBC is a public service broadcaster, I’m astonished that BBC Scotland can take such action when the “dispute” is only with one reporter.  In my business, if any client had a problem with me or any of my staff, and “banned” them from site, the last thing I would be allowed to do is turn my back on the client… As a professional person, I’d continue to provide the service whilst seeking to understand and resolve the issue with the individual.   I can’t understand why BBC Scotland aren’t behaving in the same way.  This seems incredibly unprofessional and quite probably at odds with the BBC’s Royal Charter and the impartial service the BBC promise to provide.  

What I’d like from this “complaint” is for BBC Scotland restore normal coverage of Rangers, i.e. if need be send another reporter to Ibrox for press conferences, their “open-all-mikes” match coverage, and provide occasional full live coverage of match as they do for every other top flight club.  If they will not do this, I’d expect to receive communication that allows me to understand the situation with the supposed “dispute” and why BBC Scotland cannot provide such coverage.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely,

First class mate!  Well done, these fuckers need chased down.  You can see how they try to flannel and deflect the issue and no doubt you'll need to send quite a few emails before getting anywhere remotely like an honest answer.  I'm impressed with your efforts here so far?

Imo the clubs stance  is quite clear and should not change ...if  BBC Scotland wish to return to Ibrox then its under our terms and conditions...continue with this childish bawbaggery  further action in regard to press privileges will be taken.

we hold the aces here and should exploit this to our full advantage