Slightly concerned now how little he is featuring. Surely his fitness is getting there now? Is he not looking good in training? 2m is alot of money if we have got it wrong here.

he got the bad aids and died

rip

• Like 1

Being made to wait because the team is winning well.

Quite right too.

Turn that frown upside down, man

:pipe:

he wasnt fit and he has to get fit and then claim a place. i think after this break and another two weeks training under his belt we will see him starting to feature.

• Like 3

Don’t know who’s place in the team he takes.

Gerrard said today in the post match there would be some closed door games during the break to help get players up to fitness. 

I expect we'll see more of him after the break. But like anyone he'll need to earn his place in the team. 

I wouldn't replace anyone just now.  He'll have to wait for his chance like the other very good players in our squad.  Feels great being able to say that now without trying to convince myself!

• Like 2

International break should give us a chance to arrange some bounce games for guys like Dorrans and Grezda to gain match fitness. 

Not worried at all, he looks like he is going to be a massive threat but the team is playing well so he has to wait for his chance......competition for places this season is a real positive for me.

• Like 1

Gerrard is clearly strict on how players perform in training. I think that is a noble quality but based on that Gazza would never have got a game for us. Only concern with me about Gerrard is that he seems to play players without as much quality as others based on attitude/training etc which could cost us in vital games. For me Flannagan should never be playing ahead of Barisic but Gerrard might no more than me sometimes.

Aye you might be right there?

2 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Slightly concerned now how little he is featuring. Surely his fitness is getting there now? Is he not looking good in training? 2m is alot of money if we have got it wrong here.

FFS give him time, had hardly kicked a ball since surgery in June before joining us

Grezda was a standout performer in the Croatian league.  Gerrard said he spoke to both Barisic and Katic about him and they had nothing but praise for the guy.  It's got to be a fitness issue and Candeias and Kent are on fire right now.  

2 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

International break should give us a chance to arrange some bounce games for guys like Dorrans and Grezda to gain match fitness. 

He's away with Albania 

7 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

He's away with Albania 

I just assumed they wouldn't have called him up given he's not played much. That's mental. 

4 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

I just assumed they wouldn't have called him up given he's not played much. That's mental. 

They called him up last time and he hadn't even played at all so assuming they have again. It's the perfect chance for him to gain match fitness in competitive matches if he gets on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, TheKingObv said:

They called him up last time and he hadn't even played at all so assuming they have again. It's the perfect chance for him to gain match fitness in competitive matches if he gets on the pitch. 

Knowing our luck he'll probably get injured again?

When we get into December and there's a pile of games we'll need guys like him to come in. Hopefully he's well up for it by then. 

5 hours ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

Gerrard is clearly strict on how players perform in training. I think that is a noble quality but based on that Gazza would never have got a game for us. Only concern with me about Gerrard is that he seems to play players without as much quality as others based on attitude/training etc which could cost us in vital games. For me Flannagan should never be playing ahead of Barisic but Gerrard might no more than me sometimes.

No.

7 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Maybe SG has went off all the guys we bought from Croatia 

It seems like they all are getting little game time 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

No he knows more than you all the time bud

• Like 1

Getting back to fitness and hasn't been rushed due to the form of Kent / Candeais who play in the same position Imo.

Likely to see him push on and get game time after the international break.