Sign in to follow this  
MacBoyd

Uni emery

Barely any different to how they would play under Wenger. His sides would regularly go on winning runs against teams that Arsenal should be beating but he would lose the big games and that’s exactly what Emery has done so far.

I think a title challenge is too far but there is no reason why they can't be top 4 if Tottenham and Man Utd aren't at their best. As long as they keep winning those "routine" games, of course.

I like Emery though, I think Valencia were silly to get rid of him when they did and he went on to do a good job at Sevilla. I always remember him speaking quite highly of us when we played in CL.

*Unai

10 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Barely any different to how they would play under Wenger. His sides would regularly go on winning runs against teams that Arsenal should be beating but he would lose the big games and that’s exactly what Emery has done so far.

Bit early to suggest so, don't you think?

His first two games in charge were the best team in England and Chelsea away. Two teams sitting undefeated and top of the league. Also I think Arsenal deserved a result against Chelsea.

This is a situation were you need to analyse it over a whole season, first job in England and having to rebuild the squad. Will take time. Top 4 would be an achievement for Arsenal this season tbh.