Sign in to follow this  
MacBoyd

Uni emery

Won 9 in a row today. Are arsenal contenders again or just on a great run?

IMO will not be top 4

I think they'll do well to make top 4 but I think you have to be pretty impressed with what he's done and where they are so far.

Barely any different to how they would play under Wenger. His sides would regularly go on winning runs against teams that Arsenal should be beating but he would lose the big games and that’s exactly what Emery has done so far.

2 hours ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

Really wish there was a thread on English football on here.

Would be easier mate

It’s obviously a good run but it came off the back of successive defeats against good sides, and the run itself has all been games that Arsenal should be winning.

Might sneak 4th cos Spurs and Utd are there for the taking this year but he won't have them competing for major honours.

I think a title challenge is too far but there is no reason why they can't be top 4 if Tottenham and Man Utd aren't at their best. As long as they keep winning those "routine" games, of course.

I like Emery though, I think Valencia were silly to get rid of him when they did and he went on to do a good job at Sevilla. I always remember him speaking quite highly of us when we played in CL.

*Unai

10 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Barely any different to how they would play under Wenger. His sides would regularly go on winning runs against teams that Arsenal should be beating but he would lose the big games and that’s exactly what Emery has done so far.

Bit early to suggest so, don't you think?

His first two games in charge were the best team in England and Chelsea away. Two teams sitting undefeated and top of the league. Also I think Arsenal deserved a result against Chelsea.

This is a situation were you need to analyse it over a whole season, first job in England and having to rebuild the squad. Will take time. Top 4 would be an achievement for Arsenal this season tbh.

His voice is ridiculous.