Would you have taken this start to the season?

Amac9

2 points behind celtc, semi final of league cup and sitting top of our Europa League group? 

Our away form in the league has been nothing short of horrendous. We deserved nothing against celtc or Livingstone and when we played as badly as we did it's easier to accept. In saying that we were seconds away from beating Aberdeen and Motherwell and although I think those results will come back to haunt us we would be sitting a lot higher in the table. The filth are 2 points ahead of us but considering we've dropped 10 points already they could very easily be out of sight and it's fortunate we are just 2 points behind.

Hearts may be top of the league now and while they will win a few games because they are a decent side they aren't going to be top for the foreseeable future. Same applies to Hibs and Livingstone. After Halloween the table will settle down and we'll start seeing where teams will finish up.

Losing or drawing to Hearts was not on the agenda and that win was massive for us going forward. Sort out the away results, beat Aberdeen in the semi final and start closing the gap to teams who shouldn't be above us. 

Yes I would.great form in Europe and chance to earn some money.We have had a tricky start to season but have been unlucky to drop points at Aberdeen and Motherwell.Home form is sound and considering we are a brand new team from last season we are only going to get better.We are growing in confidence all the time and it’s making me feel quite optimistic for what lies ahead.

onwards and upwards WATP.

Tbh Europe has been amazing, League Cup as expected, and with regards to the league, being 2 points behind at this stage is no bad thing. Just like a good 10,000 metres runner does, stays within touching distance then attacks from the back at the right time. That mob will crack with looking over their shoulder constantly.

Ps Rodgers will be offered and will take the Aston Villa job. He's gone within the next couple of weeks.

Aye, but watching the way we can play those defeats away to them and Livi are really poor games and the late goals we lost is just schoolboy football  

I also don’t think Hearts are going to collapse the way some seem to think they will, they will be there or there abouts come the end of the season. 

4 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Tbh Europe has been amazing, League Cup as expected, and with regards to the league, being 2 points behind at this stage is no bad thing. Just like a good 10,000 metres runner does, stays within touching distance then attacks from the back at the right time. That mob will crack with looking over their shoulder constantly.

Ps Rodgers will be offered and will take the Aston Villa job. He's gone within the next couple of weeks.

The 10000 metre analogy is good for our games and league regarding stamina too.

Our stamina shows in games, and other teams tire.

And I think the same will happen in the league over the course of the year.

We would be a point behind hearts if it wasn't for a few seconds and a shocking referee. Small margins, but happy with the progress being made.

No excuse for the Livingston defeat, that was shocking. The celtic defeat was understandable, all things considered.

I think it’s important to realise that for SPL standards the league this year is the best it’s been in a very long time and I think all teams, including us, will drop more points this season. Gone are the days where we can expect hump teams weak in weak out, that’s just my opinion. 

I think when you look at the circumstances  we chucked two points at Motherwell, Tarriers was just pish and Livi we were poor. The Aberdeen game we were robbed. I’m over the moon to be honest with how much SG has turned us round.

No. Not for me.

The league is the priority, and we’re 6th. And we still haven’t broken the filth’s unbeaten run against us. 

That said, the European run has been terrific (although a bit of a distraction) and we’re only 2 points behind the smellies. Frustrating we haven’t capitalised on how shite they have been. 

the one that still dosent sit right is Livingston with me .We have responded brilliantly but  To not turn up was a let down. Pittodrie aswell but we went down to ten and still controlled the game so there was positives there  , fir park a draw was probably the deserved result as Motherwell were the better team in the second half . But we need to kick on from here. The next set of games between now and Christmas is when the league will start to take shape and I am expecting us and the beasts to begin breaking away from the pack.

26 minutes ago, left winger said:

Ok, but based on how we have done for the last few seasons, a massive turnaround of squad and a brand new, rookie manager I’ll take back the ‘kidding themselves on’ remark and insert ‘deluded’.

6th in the league though, hardly deluded... 

In answering the OP, you need to also consider the performances not just the league position. Bar a couple of poor performances (Livi and them) we’ve have demonstrated clear progress and exciting football, success on the European stage. All things considered, level of competition, rotation, learning on the job, we cannot be unhappy where we are. 

5 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Aye I heard the gay scene is all the rage in Birmingham.

5 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Apparently he’s not even first choice for this championship club. They want a John Terry/Thierry Henry management team and Brenda is in the pile labelled “Plan B”

The teams sitting above us in the league have squads that have been together for 2+ seasons. Euro footie after xmas & wins over the hivs/dhims will send a signal to our squad that they are more than capable of winning medals this season.   

All has gone to plan except our away form which was the best In the  league last season.  Ibrox  is a fortress once again and about time but we need to start picking up 3 points regularly on the road if we are gonna win the  league .

Our away  form in the league is our only failure I think we can all agree in that