Would you have taken this start to the season?

Amac9

39 minutes ago, Drum said:

The teams sitting above us in the league have squads that have been together for 2+ seasons. Euro footie after xmas & wins over the hivs/dhims will send a signal to our squad that they are more than capable of winning medals this season.   

Hearts don’t. They ripped up their side and started again near enough. Think they had a bigger turnover than us. 

As have Livingston, who also lost / sacked their manager twice. 

I’m relatively pleased with progress, but let’s not forget the league is our priority and we have something like 1 away win in 9. 

Night and day for me , well ahead of what I expected and considering the outlay , about £7M net , we've not had to use stupid money which makes it all the more pleasing . 

It's also early days , so probably the reason we've lacked consistency . Once that comes I think we'll not be far away when the prizes start getting dished out .

I think we are in a very good place. gerrard has basically changed an entire squad in three months and got us to the group stages in Europe,  a semi-final and in the mix in the league. Our away form needs to improve, but what has been accomplished in this time is nothing short of miraculous given the state we were in around May.

Happy with where we are. The disappointments are obvious with some points dropped in SPL. I think SPL is going to be ultra tough this year. Many years there are teams who have a run in Europe, but underachieve in League.  If you look at table now, we are doing that. It wont be easy climbing through those teams above us. We have given them a start and just cannot afford any more dropped points away from home. That is going to be tough.

Oh dear. Looks like I'll need to phone up Dave and have him sack Steven.

We can then get in the taig from Killy. That should appease a few, or we could go for someone else. Oh wait a minute, there is no one else. Silly me.

Yes we have dropped stupid points, but we are only 5 points behind Hearts and only 2 behind the scum. We have seen what this squad are capable of and it's immense. Get the consistency and we take this title. We ARE getting stronger and better. No qualms about it.

I see the now several challengers taking points off each other and dropping more to others. Probably the most interesting and exciting title race in a long while.

We will fucking do this! 

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

We can then get in the taig from Killy. That should appease a few, or we could go for someone else. Oh wait a minute, there is no one else. Silly me.

Yes we have dropped stupid points, but we are only 5 points behind Hearts and only 2 behind the scum. We have seen what this squad are capable of and it's immense. Get the consistency and we take this title. We ARE getting stronger and better. No qualms about it.

I see the now several challengers taking points off each other and dropping more to others. Probably the most interesting and exciting title race in a long while.

We will fucking do this! 

He asked a question, what sort of shite answer was that 

See this 2 points behind the tarriers talk, it’s pointless, we’re 5 points off the top of the league which is what matters! In all honesty that isn’t good enough! I think the manner of the points we have dropped makes it more frustrating but I think we definitely have it in us to win the league, it’s got the potential to go right to the wire though! 

46 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We will fucking do this! 

Pretty sure he’ll have blocked your number, if not had a restraining order put in place after the last few years. 

I think everyone’s pleased with the progress and some of the performances, but the reality is we’re in 6th place, 5 points behind the league leaders and failed to lay a glove on the filth (again) regardless of circumstances. 

That said, I still think we’ll win the league. 

Yes. What we have done in Europe is better than I ever imagined we could and the league is a marathon not a sprint. There are still 90 points to play for and everybody is going to drop points so there is no cause for concern yet. The single biggest difference between how we were playing under Warburton and Caixinha to now is that it’s clear we are going in the right direction, even if there is still a bit of inconsistency. Under them we never looked like getting it right.

53 minutes ago, left winger said:

If our start to the season was exactly the same and we were still 2 points behind them, but in 2nd place, would you have taken it at the start of the season?

Taken it maybe, but certainly wouldn’t be pleased. 

Given our fixtures and their disasterous start / recent run we should be much better placed. They were in free fall and we didn’t put any pressure on them. Because they’ve been shite, doesn’t make our results any better. 

We’ve dropped far too many points we shouldn’t have, and we were an embarrassment against the filth. 

Like I said, we’ve improved enormously, but ultimately we’re 5 off the top, behind the filth and in 6th place. 

Probably not no, looking at the league fixtures I fully expected us to be 4 points better off than we are and I’d have been delighted with that start considering what we’ve done in Europe is outstanding. 

I know we’re 5 off the top and we can’t rule out Hearts until we’re above them but when looking at it in blocks we were 4 behind the tarriers at the last break and we’re now 2. Keep that going and we’ll be top eventually. 

The next 4 rounds of league fixtures will give everyone a rough idea of where they’ll end up in the league I think. 

4 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Pedro yes, under Warburton not so much as we went on a good run after losing unjustly away to Aberdeen(never a free kick in injury time) which included only 3 defeats in 17(11 wins)

Those three defeats were the late 1-0 defeat in the cup semi final to scum, 2-1 at home to scum(Fuck you Forrester!!) and Hearts away. 

After 22 matches that season we had accumulated 42 points. It all imploded in February with the Notts Forrest shambles. To reach 42 points after 22 matches this season we would need to win 9 and draw 1 of the next 14 league matches. With Kilmarnock home and away, Hibs home and away, scum and sheep home, Hearts away and our away form, reaching that figure doesn't look a guarantee.

So what would your views be if we had similar return of 42 points after 22 games under Gerrard as we did Warburton and lose in the SF/final of league cup, would that be heading in the right direction after spending much more money? 

Impossible to tell what my views will be because iIt’ll depend where we are in the league at that point.

If we are sitting in 3rd place, 27 points behind whoever is top (like we were when Warburton left) then it’ll be a problem but if we are second and 5 or 6 points off top I’m not going to say well Warburton had more points at this stage so Gerrard should get the bullet because we will still be in a better position to challenge than we were when Warburton left even if our points total is lower.

14 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Pedro yes, under Warburton not so much as we went on a good run after losing unjustly away to Aberdeen(never a free kick in injury time) which included only 3 defeats in 17(11 wins)

Those three defeats were the late 1-0 defeat in the cup semi final to scum, 2-1 at home to scum(Fuck you Forrester and Miller!!) and Hearts away. 

After 22 matches that season we had accumulated 42 points. It all imploded in February with the Notts Forrest shambles. To reach 42 points after 22 matches this season we would need to win 9 and draw 1 of the next 14 league matches. With Kilmarnock home and away, Hibs home and away, scum and sheep home, Hearts away and our away form, reaching that figure doesn't look a guarantee.

So what would your views be if we had similar return of 42 points after 22 games under Gerrard as we did Warburton and lose in the SF/final of league cup, would that be heading in the right direction after spending much more money? 

We are a steadily improving improving team.  We will continue to improve as the season progresses with perhaps some new faces to freshen things up in January. We have played 20 games and have been genuinely poor in 2 .   If the next OF at Ibrox was at the weekend  I would expect us to win. Not said that in a long time.