Would you have taken this start to the season?

Amac9

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Taken it maybe, but certainly wouldn’t be pleased. 

Given our fixtures and their disasterous start / recent run we should be much better placed. They were in free fall and we didn’t put any pressure on them. Because they’ve been shite, doesn’t make our results any better. 

We’ve dropped far too many points we shouldn’t have, and we were an embarrassment against the filth. 

Like I said, we’ve improved enormously, but ultimately we’re 5 off the top, behind the filth and in 6th place. 

What annoys me is we have the players to beat them if they just showed more belief in themselves.

6 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

6th in the league though, hardly deluded... 

6th in the league at this stage means nothing the important thing is we are only 2 pts behind celtic and lets be honest they are the only other team liable to win the league  in the next few weeks we have 3 winnable games whereas hearts hibs celtic aberdeen are all playing one or the other  the table will look different after that

9 hours ago, left winger said:

Of course, anyone saying otherwise is kidding themselves on.

So, if asked at the start of the season, you think most would've been happy at the prospect of sitting in 6th place after 8 games?  I certainly don't.  We need to be more consistent in the league and start climbing the table.  

Europe has been amazing but most of us would've said the league is priority number one and I don't think that's changed.  

16 minutes ago, Vision said:

Would like to see how they handle the same tactic's we employed against Rapid.

We give them too much respect now rather than just go for it against them if we showed no fear we could beat them quite easily. Gerrards tactics against them were awful he sold the game.

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

No. Europe is great but we aren't going to win it. Stopping the beggars winning the league is much more important and our league form has been abysmal.

Tbh if we do get a good run in Europe and end up finishing second to the scum I would hope the board do the sensible thing and plough every penny earned in pushing us towards the title next season.

It would be criminal if they didn't.

Just now, Vision said:

Tbh if we do get a good run in Europe and end up finishing second to the scum I would hope the board do the sensible thing and plough every penny earned in pushing us towards the title next season.

It would be criminal if they didn't.

The run we are on now should be enough to see significant investment next season to further improve the squad.

Anyone who wouldn't have taken our start to the season is delusional. The Livingston game rocked us all but that aside Gerrard has been brilliant. Our Euro run has been nothing short of astonishing and despite the distraction and also a lot of injuries we're only two points behind the only other title contenders . We are all absolutely convinced we'll improve from here so it's a definition YES from me.

4 hours ago, billscott said:

6th in the league at this stage means nothing the important thing is we are only 2 pts behind celtic and lets be honest they are the only other team liable to win the league  in the next few weeks we have 3 winnable games whereas hearts hibs celtic aberdeen are all playing one or the other  the table will look different after that

They’ve had their worst run in x number of years, and we’re still behind. 

Can reassess after the next sequence of games as, like you say, they are all playing each other. 

I maintain we can’t use them having a bad run to justify our own. 

14 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

They’ve had their worst run in x number of years, and we’re still behind. 

Can reassess after the next sequence of games as, like you say, they are all playing each other. 

I maintain we can’t use them having a bad run to justify our own. 

we have had 2 defeats in 20 games  i would not call  that a bad run  ok the livvi defeat was dreadful  and we were very poor the 1st half at the piggery  but i have been very happy with the start  people forget livvi have only lost the 1st game of season at the dump since then they have beaten hibs  us drawn at tyne castle etc

27 minutes ago, billscott said:

we have had 2 defeats in 20 games  i would not call  that a bad run  ok the livvi defeat was dreadful  and we were very poor the 1st half at the piggery  but i have been very happy with the start  people forget livvi have only lost the 1st game of season at the dump since then they have beaten hibs  us drawn at tyne castle etc

If we don’t beat teams like that almost every time we won’t be winning this league. 

We’ve not won away in the league yet and it’s the middle of October. I believe in what SG is doing, but I’m not pleased / happy with that - or being 6th in the league.

On 08/10/2018 at 08:54, graeme_4 said:

6th in the league though, hardly deluded... 

5 points separate the top 6 with 7 months of the season to go. If you’re actually worried about our league position right now stop talking to your tim pals, they aren’t helping you. 

10 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

If we don’t beat teams like that almost every time we won’t be winning this league. 

We’ve not won away in the league yet and it’s the middle of October. I believe in what SG is doing, but I’m not pleased / happy with that - or being 6th in the league.

some people are never fucking happy   what is it like being miserable all of your life  away and support man city or someone like that they are top of the league

Yes.

I expected inconsistency, and didn't expect us to reach the heights we have in certain games. Some levels of performance, never mind for a newly formed squad, have been exceptional. Tbh I reckon the EL results and performances have raised expectations given the heights reached.

We were robbed against the sheep, have played shite and deservedly dropped points we should be taking twice, and for me expectedly lost at the scum place as many Rangers teams have done previously.

We'll have more highs and lows, but overall the bigger picture is positive, we're on the right direction and I'd certainly have taken this EL/cup/league status given the summer overhaul.

18 hours ago, TMB said:

So, if asked at the start of the season, you think most would've been happy at the prospect of sitting in 6th place after 8 games?  I certainly don't.  We need to be more consistent in the league and start climbing the table.  

Europe has been amazing but most of us would've said the league is priority number one and I don't think that's changed.  

Correct, the league should always be our number one priority without question. We have to sort out or away form or we will struggle.

Sitting in 6th after 8 games is not good enough for a Rangers team.

30 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

What's delusional about expecting to beat the likes of Motherwell/Aberdeen and Livingston? 

It's delusional to think that a completely new side with a new manager, alongside a new way of playing will instantly hit the ground running battering everycunt. 

We've had a very good start to the season with one or two bumps in the road, that's to be expected.