Would you have taken this start to the season?

Amac9

42 minutes ago, King Jela said:

5 points separate the top 6 with 7 months of the season to go. If you’re actually worried about our league position right now stop talking to your tim pals, they aren’t helping you. 

Not being mr staunch, but I genuinely don’t have any pals from the darkside. 

It’s our away form that worries me more, which has obviously had an impact on our position. And we failed to lay a glove on the filth again. 

37 minutes ago, billscott said:

some people are never fucking happy   what is it like being miserable all of your life  away and support man city or someone like that they are top of the league

Away and support Patrick Thistle if you’re pleased with 6th place and no away wins in the league. 

12 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It's delusional to think that a completely new side with a new manager, alongside a new way of playing will instantly hit the ground running battering everycunt. 

We've had a very good start to the season with one or two bumps in the road, that's to be expected. 

Not expecting to batter everycunt though, but expecting to be able to beat teams like Livingston isn't delusional after the way we have played in Europe.

Hopefully the players are learning that EVERY game we play in Scotland is treated like a cup final for the opposition and we need to be up for it.

21 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

It’s our away form that worries me more, which has obviously had an impact on our position. And we failed to lay a glove on the filth again. 

I would suspect you don't have friends from any side.

?

sort of ok with it,been another huge change for us,new manager.new players,new system etc. Europe been fantastic money wise,but like already said above,been a bit of a distraction too.

also taking into account, the scum having easy first round of games,first home game to livi, 3 out of first 4 games at home and then first time they meet the top 4 from last year,

us,hibs and sheep,they are all at the tattie bowl! so taking all that into account,yeah I'll accept our start.

could've been better tho with the livi result the one really sore point and totally unforgivable in my eyes!

they've been poor compared to their standards,but so have we been for years,slowly getting better.

we must nail this away form and also beat them at Ibrox,then we will really see them rock. 

happy enough so far.

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

But we know the problem with the away form and I’m betting Gerrard does as well.

Plus we could’ve won the league without beating the scum last season if our home form was better. 

4 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It's delusional to think that a completely new side with a new manager, alongside a new way of playing will instantly hit the ground running battering everycunt. 

We've had a very good start to the season with one or two bumps in the road, that's to be expected. 

Try 4 bumps on the road, 2 points from 12 away from home in the league is utter shite given what we have spent and how the games panned out 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Try 4 bumps on the road, 2 points from 12 away from home in the league is utter shite given what we have spent and how the games panned out 

Aberdeen and the piggery had exceptional circumstances and we lost the lead with virtually the last kick of the ball at Fir Park. 

Fine margins. 

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Agreed. Just a good thing we’ve got so much of the season to make up for it. Its obviously no ideal but I’m still very happy where we are right now. 

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Away and support Patrick Thistle if you’re pleased with 6th place and no away wins in the league. 

You do know its only October . When you look at our OVERALL start to the season you've got to be more than happy. Only team who can win the league bar us are the tims and we're only two points behind them, they've only lost to Killie and Hearts and we've pumped them both. Livie was shocking but tims draw v St Midden is as bad a result . If we're ever to stop the tims we need to keep POSITIVE and realistic and my fear is that a defeat v the sheep in the cup for example sees us go back into meltdown and all the good work is lost. Bottom line is that we're still in every competition and its a 7.5/10 season so far imo and I'm very optimistic for this NEW team.

On 08/10/2018 at 00:00, graeme_4 said:

No. Not for me.

The league is the priority, and we’re 6th. And we still haven’t broken the filth’s unbeaten run against us. 

That said, the European run has been terrific (although a bit of a distraction) and we’re only 2 points behind the smellies. Frustrating we haven’t capitalised on how shite they have been. 

M8 a 10 million dollar distraction that will hopefully stave off ADMIN LXXXXX.  Folk need to remember that the league is a not a sprint and there is a long way to go.  Stupid points dropped to M'well and Livi but I'd counter that with we're a brand new squad.  I'm happy with where we are and for the first time in years actually look forward with anticipation to our games again.   

45 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Aberdeen and the piggery had exceptional circumstances and we lost the lead with virtually the last kick of the ball at Fir Park. 

Fine margins. 

Motherwell should have pumped us that 2nd half, if we had taken all 3 it would have been a crime, tarrier game was still a disaster given how meekly we surrendered and livi away was nothing short or a disgrace

Fine margins maybe, but the fine margins have been caused by us more than anything

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Motherwell should have pumped us that 2nd half, if we had taken all 3 it would have been a crime, tarrier game was still a disaster given how meekly we surrendered and livi away was nothing short or a disgrace

Fine margins maybe, but the fine margins have been caused by us more than anything

Alfredo's red card at Pittodrie was a joke and rightly rescinded, we then went to the Chamber of Secrets after playing in Russia with 9 men a mere 48 hours earlier. 

26 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Alfredo's red card at Pittodrie was a joke and rightly rescinded, we then went to the Chamber of Secrets after playing in Russia with 9 men a mere 48 hours earlier. 

And we played a shite formation against motherwell and made a sub at their injurytime corner, we played a shite system against livi and were rotten, easily arguable that we've dropped 5 points we shouldnt have on the road

9 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And we played a shite formation against motherwell and made a sub at their injurytime corner, we played a shite system against livi and were rotten, easily arguable that we've dropped 5 points we shouldnt have on the road

Inexperienced manager makes mistakes, shock horror. 

Yes. I think we are having a fantastic season!

We have a manager and team to be proud of for the first time since Walter Smith and our European final team back in  2008.

In fact I've never been more excited to be a Rangers fan!

Tbh I would have bit the hand off anyone that offered us 2 points behind the scum at this point...... and not only reaching the  EL group stage but sitting at the top of our group after two tough games - not to mention the  LC semi final v the sheep.

It's a great time to be a Bear imho.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Fine margins. 

Turn the fine margins round and we are on our way. I believe this will happen. Must be top of Gerrard's to do list.

9 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I do recall noting here from day one, it was going to be a roller coaster this first term.

Paraphrasing wondrous Specsavers advert, how many of us have contemplated after a match this brief season, 'What Kind of Game Was That...:.