Stevie G " Every player is for sale"

soulboy

“All my players are for sale. Let’s get it out in the open. Every single one of my players is for sale.

“They have all got a price. But they are not the old prices. It’s the new prices.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/16966751.premier-league-clubs-will-need-loads-of-money-to-take-my-top-Rangers-stars-says-boss-steven-gerrard/

Like it or not we are a selling club to the English premiership and  even the championship as that's were they crazy money is.

I would not sell Tav or Morelos for under £10m, in fact the bidding would start at £10m as I would hope to get £15 for Morelos if he keeps this up all season,   But both these players are still young and we should keep them both for a couple of seasons then cash in. 

Every footballer is for sale at the right price.

We should be demanding over the odds for our best players knowing that the EPL clubs can throw money around without batting an eyelid.

But if we are wanting to challenge for trophies then selling Tavernier and Morelos in January is not ideal.

17 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Nothing wrong with that. Every club in Scotland is a selling one. Rightly so with the EPL riches on our doorstep 

It's about maximising those sales and profit. And his comments suggest we'll be doing exactly that.

All good.

What shines through in those comments for me is the confidence he has in the recruiting team.

Lists of replacements will already be drawn up and ready to go with.

It all just felt a bit reactionary before.

We have a decent group of players at Ibrox just now, hell even Halliday is coming in and looking good I don't know what Stevie G has brought to Ibrox but if it could be bottled and sold he'd make a fortune. I'm glad He's said all players are available because the way some of them are playing we could generate some serious revenue for the club and that money could be directed into buying possibly better prospects but if we sold anyone just now I'd be upset as they're all playing well, visits to Livi and the taigs aside.

Just now, gmcf said:

Love to see us giving ourselves a chance of letting the squad gel and see what it can do . But if it's stupid money , then it would make sense . 

£25,000,000 for Morelos the same for Tag and Candeias for £20,000,000. 

Does that count as silly or fairly realistic for the money a premiership team will throw at a player?

15 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

£25,000,000 for Morelos the same for Tag and Candeias for £20,000,000. 

Does that count as silly or fairly realistic for the money a premiership team will throw at a player?

Actually a good point and one I'd have to think about . 

I think , being in the spfl , it would probably be stupid money but when you look at dumbele there's no reason we shouldn't be looking at that , particularly if they keep their form till the end of the season and lead us to success . If offered that now , of course , I'd take it .

1 hour ago, soulboy said:

“All my players are for sale. Let’s get it out in the open. Every single one of my players is for sale.

“They have all got a price. But they are not the old prices. It’s the new prices.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/16966751.premier-league-clubs-will-need-loads-of-money-to-take-my-top-Rangers-stars-says-boss-steven-gerrard/

Good to see that the worth of our players has gone up and the clubs brand is being re-established. :rangers: