Stevie G " Every player is for sale"

soulboy

5 hours ago, BlueMe said:

“They have all got a price. But they are not the old prices. It’s the new prices."

This is the bit a lot of our fans need to remember. Some people are stuck in the 90s with their valuations.

That us finally moving to dembelle dollar exchange rate, Tav is £35m and wee alfie £55m?

2 minutes ago, BarclayClansmen said:

I wonder what Neymar and PSG would make of that comment...

everyclub is a selling club if the price is big enough. 

Yeah forgot about PSG. I still think it's more likely that a player would force a move from PSG to Barca than the other way around. 

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

Seems to me a spade is called a spade in Mr Gerrard's book.    No need to dance around the niceties of things.    If clubs want to make a bid for Rangers players then don't fuck about with mickey mouse bids.   Its serious bids or fuck off is basically the message that Mr G is putting out there to deter the time wasters who think they can now poach on the cheap.    A Rangers player with a Gerrard stamp of coaching and football leadership is a damn sight more valuable than under wobbly Warburton, or a stumbling Pedro or a 'haven't got a clue' Murty, or a laugh a minute McCoist.      A 'managed by Gerrard' addition to a players CV, and with Rangers performing well in Europe adds value to players and I think that is what Mr Gerrard is reminding other clubs.  

In the same way he was saying that if teams pitch up and want a war they'll get a war, if clubs pitch up with nonsense undervaluations they'll get the verbal equivalent of war. 

A point we need to remember though it its not just players that other clubs might come for.  Mr Gerrard's managerial star is very much on the rise and almost bound to start tempting clubs to make a bid to tempt him out of Rangers.    Now that'd take more money than any of us could probably make a realistic guess at...…….and miles and miles and miles more than the most valuable players we have. 

I like this post. 

45 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I stated back in January that I wouldn't sell Alfredo for anything less than £20m and was slaughtered, whilst others were absolutely desperate to sell him for £8-9m.

giphy.gif.20a684285356c981a3aaa486c25f41b8.gif

Same mate. 

There was only a few on here who weren't coming out with the "won't even be worth 2million now", during his drought in the second half of the season, or claiming Cummings was a better player. 

I know people are putting most of his recent form down to Gerrard, and to an extent I agree, but I think a lot was down to fatigue last season. His stats whereever he has played proves he's always had the ability if he has the right service. 

Think the Morelos comments when he wasn't scoring shows the difference of opinion between online and Ibrox. Ibrox would be at it's loudest last season singing his name, whilst he was slated online. 

Only player that looked like he gave a shit last season.