Katic

DavieMacRFC

Feel a little sorry for him, he's been a stand out performer and a warrior at the heart of our defence until Worrall signed and hasn't really featured since.

Just wondering if the Worrall deal maybe has a stipulation that he has to start games or the recall him, I know his last 2 games have been great but Katic beside Goldson got us to the group stages of the Europa.

It’s not exactly a bad situation to be in, Worral and Katic are both solid defenders as well as Goldson. Considering how shoddy the defence has been and it’ll get more mileage out of Worral, he knows Katic is hotshit and will need to keep giving a good performance.

1 minute ago, dande101 said:

Feel a little sorry for him, he's been a stand out performer and a warrior at the heart of our defence until Worrall signed and hasn't really featured since.

Just wondering if the Worrall deal maybe has a stipulation that he has to start games or the recall him, I know his last 2 games have been great but Katic beside Goldson got us to the group stages of the Europa.

There's no room for sentimentality. Even Katic said as much in a pre-match presser. He has been great, and would walk into any other team of the past 7 years, but Gerrard obviously likes the Goldson/Worrall pairing. They'll keep their place until one of them slips up, and that's exactly the way it should be. Keeps them on their toes, and keeps Katic pushing and pushing in training.

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Worrall hasn't been as great as made out. He's lucky his mistakes haven't resulted in us conceding goals tbh.

Katic starts ahead of him easily for me.

He looked like he was running in treacle a couple of times last night. 

I feel much more confident in Katic. 

1 hour ago, Bakbear said:

He looked like he was running in treacle a couple of times last night. 

I feel much more confident in Katic. 

That's maybe down to tiredness and that's understandable, considering the pace of the Rapid game. 

But no excuses for his positioning and decision making. 

1 hour ago, dande101 said:

Wow what a fresh and interesting new take on the situation.

Its pure racism because Katić isnt english...... but seriously cant understand how Worrall survived after Livingston. But tbf to him he hasnt really put a foot wrong after that game so fuck knows both good players but Katić should be priority. 

Strange that Katic done a presser, then didn't play, and hasn't played since. Very unusual, especially since it can't be fitness as he's been on the bench.

Given Worrall has looked a bit ropey and Katic could easily have been selected instead but wasn't, I'm fair surprised tbh.

I feel the need for a conspiracy rather than simply accept it was Gerrards preference....