Katic

DavieMacRFC

Think we’ll see Worrall as first pick for the perceived ‘bigger’ games.  His style of playing out with confidence from the back being the preference.

Fairly sure we’ll see Worrall & Flanagan back in for Thursday/Sunday.  Katic was on the bench previously, not convinced he was injured. 

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

He was far from faultless against Rapid.

Watch the game back, he misplaced a pass into midfield in the 81st minute and it was the first and only mistake he made on the night. No idea what game you were watching, as the comments on here have proven. 

3 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

This just isn't true. He was out of position for the Rapid goal for a start and caught a few times. And he was awful against Hearts. Katic was terrible today, but he's coming back from injury, playing on a terrible pitch and not played for weeks so that's to be expected. 

Liar

Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

Watch the game back, he misplaced a pass into midfield in the 81st minute and it was the first and only mistake he made on the night. No idea what game you were watching, as the comments on here have proven. 

I don't need to watch anything back, my memory is fine. And i remember him being in midfield losing his man for the goal (being fouled) when he should be in defence. I'm not talking about misplaced passes.

20 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Worrall hasnt been terrible at all.

Katic had a bad game but will recover.

This fucking place at times.....

I totally agree....this Worrall is terrible shite needs to stop. It's just simply not true.

He's a good centre half but was a bit sloppy with his passing and general play today however in his defence it can't do much for your confidence when you've been playing well and find yourself on the bench.

I'm just glad we have 3 good centre halves this season compared to the dumplings we've had for the last couple of seasons in the top flight.

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I don't need to watch anything back, my memory is fine. And i remember him being in midfield losing his man for the goal (being fouled) when he should be in defence. I'm not talking about misplaced passes.

You’ve made an massive arse of that so actually you do need to watch it mate. Their goal (which was offside) started down the right flank and ended up being finished at the far post. No idea how Worrall would have been at fault for any of it? Strange. Worrall slid in to stop the cross on the cover for Flanagan. 

10 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

You’ve made an massive arse of that so actually you do need to watch it mate. Their goal (which was offside) started down the right flank and ended up being finished at the far post. No idea how Worrall would have been at fault for any of it? Strange. Worrall slid in to stop the cross on the cover for Flanagan. 

20181021_161313.thumb.png.378bf028397f1fd50dd1e1d6b4d2f220.png

Worrall in midfield, if he breaks up the play here, they don't score. He was fouled and the goal was offside and shouldn't have stood. But Worrall  was out of position and lost his man anyway.

He also lost his man here and they should have scored-20181021_161352.thumb.png.0c645400ced2c3c446b2842227cbfba7.png

There's more, but I'll leave it at that.

15 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

That's not what happened. He challenged for a high ball with the centre forward that he was right to be challenging for, whilst the rest of the defence rightly backed off behind The challenge... But he's gotten back by the time the through ball was played. Did nothing wrong positionally.

5 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Worrall in midfield, if he breaks up the play here, they don't score. He was fouled and the goal was offside and shouldn't have stood. But Worrall  was out of position and lost his man anyway.

He also lost his man here and they should have scored-20181021_161352.thumb.png.0c645400ced2c3c446b2842227cbfba7.png

Stills are pointless for these kinds off things. Watching the video, Worrall  doesn't do anything wrong.

3 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

A tactical discussion - I like it. We’ll agree to disagree the very fact you’ve said he was fouled and it was offside is reason enough I would argue that he’s not at fault. I’d maybe argue in the first one as well could Coulibaly get in front of the Raoid player and protect a bit better? 

Second one I’d need to see it roll through. IMO Goldson is ball watching and it’s him whos lost the man. I don’t want both my centre halves in front of the near post which they would be if it was Worrall picking him up. I’d probably want him communicating with Goldson and asking Goldson to drop four yards and pick him up otherwise you’re leaving a massive space right in front of the goal in between himself and the left back which is definite no. 

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

That's not what happened. He challenged for a high ball with the centre forward that he was right to be challenging for, whilst the rest of the defence rightly backed off behind The challenge... But he's gotten back by the time the through ball was played. Did nothing wrong positionally.

He was challenging Coulibaly's man in midfield when he should've been covering the man directly behind him instead, beside Goldson. 

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Stills are pointless for these kinds off things. Watching the video, Worrall  doesn't do anything wrong.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

In the second still he's in The right position btw. He just fails to win the header.

No he's not. If he's closer to his man, he doesn't get that header in. 

Just now, BlueMe said:

He was challenging Coulibaly's man in midfield when he should've been covering the man directly behind him instead, beside Goldson. 

He was stepping up to win a long  high ball as centre halves should. His issue, if any, was not decisively winning it. 

8 minutes ago, GOAT said:

He was poor the day, one bad game and now he’s shite all of a sudden, this place is unreal man. 

Worst game for us today but poor performances can happen. It's mental if people saying he's shite.

I can't decide if today was just him being rusty or if his confidence has taken a knock being dropped for Worrall. 

Whatever the case he'll need to put it behind him and I expect he'll bounce back. 

2 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

A tactical discussion - I like it. We’ll agree to disagree the very fact you’ve said he was fouled and it was offside is reason enough I would argue that he’s not at fault. I’d maybe argue in the first one as well could Coulibaly get in front of the Raoid player and protect a bit better? 

Second one I’d need to see it roll through. IMO Goldson is ball watching and it’s him whos lost the man. I don’t want both my centre halves in front of the near post which they would be if it was Worrall picking him up. I’d probably want him communicating with Goldson and asking Goldson to drop four yards and pick him up otherwise you’re leaving a massive space right in front of the goal in between himself and the left back which is definite no. 

The headed chance is hard to see in a still tbh but in highlights he should be a lot tighter imo.