Katic

DavieMacRFC

Katic was guff, so the sub was fair enough, if a little late in the day.

I don't think the Katic-Worrall thing will be a big issue long term. Both will get used to playing some games and not others.

If Katic isn't a big enough boy to be able to take being on the bench for a few games without it affecting his confidence then we SHOULD be worried about him.

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Aye am not blaming Worrall for it, I think changing the defence just created even more uncertainty that was there and led to the goal eventually I thought. 

Didn't see an issue in that sense, personally. 

9 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Shocking man management from Gerrard today I thought. No need to take him off like that, would’ve killed his confidence because he was having a poor game, not as if Worrall is or was any better anyway. Goal conceded because he changed the defence with 10 minutes to go. 

Listening to SG he seems to have been second guessing himself all game today, probably  just another example.  Still gets a monkey off our backs and people need to fuvk off with this calling players petulant if they are not happy being substituted 

On 08/10/2018 at 10:01, simplythebestest said:

There's no room for sentimentality. Even Katic said as much in a pre-match presser. He has been great, and would walk into any other team of the past 7 years, but Gerrard obviously likes the Goldson/Worrall pairing. They'll keep their place until one of them slips up, and that's exactly the way it should be. Keeps them on their toes, and keeps Katic pushing and pushing in training.

Katic and Goldson hadn’t slipped up when Katic was dropped and worrall came In 

3 hours ago, Inigo said:

Katic was guff, so the sub was fair enough, if a little late in the day.

I don't think the Katic-Worrall thing will be a big issue long term. Both will get used to playing some games and not others.

If Katic isn't a big enough boy to be able to take being on the bench for a few games without it affecting his confidence then we SHOULD be worried about him.

The strange thing for me is to break up a solid partnership and drop a lad who was absolutely flying , play Worrall the ayr game etc yeah fair enough but until such times Katic or Goldson go off form I’d kept it the same , same goes for Flanagan he plays every week for me , our best defender and hardly plays 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

The strange thing for me is to break up a solid partnership and drop a lad who was absolutely flying , play Worrall the ayr game etc yeah fair enough but until such times Katic or Goldson go off form I’d kept it the same , same goes for Flanagan he plays every week for me , our best defender and hardly plays 

I can only assume he sees something in Worral he likes. 

At the moment for me Flanagan is a horses for courses player. If you need a defender at fullback, he plays. If you need a dynamic fullback, Barisic and Tav play.

Just now, Inigo said:

I can only assume he sees something in Worral he likes. 

At the moment for me Flanagan is a horses for courses player. If you need a defender at fullback, he plays. If you need a dynamic fullback, Barisic and Tav play.

Barisic so far defending has been shocking and going forward shows very little variety in his play it’s all touch and throw in a hopeful ball whether there’s a target to hit or not  , good play at the goal v villareal but the defending before that was horrendous, early days but I’ve not been impressed at all 

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

I'd expect Flanagan to play midweek.

As usual, assesment of players is either over hyped or over critical. This thread is no different. Katic form has dipped, no doubt.

Everyone has to remember he is a young lad still settling into a new country so performances are going to vary. He's no world beater but neither " is he shot". Keep it real ffs! 

He wasn’t helped at all by the fact we were trying to use him as some sort of playmaker and his passes were terrible. Someone from midfield should have been taken the ball off him and trying to create something with it shouldn’t be upto him or Goldson to do that. 

Was rank rotten today, but at the same time we can't expect him to be great every game.

I see Worral as being a more tougher player who won't be slapped about, when Gerrard brought Worral on it was about the time Hamilton lost it and started to get a bit more aggressive with their play and tackling so I thought Worral at that point was a good decision. I honestly think that depending on who we play will decide between them as to who plays, if we are playing a hatchet team like Motherwell then Worral will be prefered, playing a normal team that tries to play football then Katic will be preferred.