Docherty

MrMckee

13 hours ago, MrMckee said:

Scored one and assisted 2 tonight apparently. Is he one we ship out on loan with no chance of playing again or one for the future? Thought he had something about him but not sure if he is physical enough (similar to holt). Hopefully can come back better and be a decent option even as a squad player and not just be loaned out or a mutual termination.

Dochertys strong and athletic. The only physical similarity with Holt is that both of them could run all day.

He is lacking in technique and tactical awareness but those may come with practice and experience.

His loan spell will do him a world of good, don’t judge the boy till he’s back and we see how much improvement there has been, my worry with him is he seems suited to a team who are underdogs and when there’s no pressure on him to perform it seems to bring out the best in him

if he can improve, great cos there’s no doubting the boys desire to play for Rangers, I’d have him before Halliday every time. I like both but doc has much much more to his game, Halliday is useful to have around this year and can cover a few positions 

5 hours ago, five stars said:

Dochertys strong and athletic. The only physical similarity with Holt is that both of them could run all day.

He is lacking in technique and tactical awareness but those may come with practice and experience.

I thought his energy/fitness would make him a valuable addition but in his limited time with us i thought he was a bit weak in the tackle and easily brushed off the ball. But he could still develope into a decent player. But once his loan expires i will defer to S.G. to decide his future.

7 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

I thought his energy/fitness would make him a valuable addition but in his limited time with us i thought he was a bit weak in the tackle and easily brushed off the ball. But he could still develope into a decent player. But once his loan expires i will defer to S.G. to decide his future.

Got to remember your judging him playing for us last season, everybody who Gerrard kept including Halliday (when It looked certain he was off) have looked a far better players playing in a better team with a manager who knows what he’s doing, when doc does come back he deserves the same chance Halliday got to see what he can bring to the table imo

10 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

If we want to be sitting top of the league

Players like him won't help us achieve this

Like hmi but he's just not good enough.We have and need much better .

Dunno about that, kirk broadfoot has a uefa cup runners up medal, and all he had was graft, we have had many many players throughout the years who covered their lack of ability through sheer graft that the opponents couldnt match

27 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Dunno about that, kirk broadfoot has a uefa cup runners up medal, and all he had was graft, we have had many many players throughout the years who covered their lack of ability through sheer graft that the opponents couldnt match

Sure 

Don't disagree but we are spoiled for choice and on the way up 

Why settle for this limited quality 

I like him so I wouldn't be against seeing him in Blue again .Well down the queue for  me  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

Interesting to hear that he's scoring and providing assists. From the limited amount I saw, I thought he was more of a 'Stuart McCall' type of player who would graft hard but leave the fancy stuff to others. There's always a place for those guys in any team. 

i also thought he was a McCall type initially but his tackling was nowhere near as effective as wee Stuart. i think it is far too early to write him off and his loan spell should do him the world of good, far better playing regular first team football than sitting in the stand or the odd appearance on the bench

4 hours ago, Creampuff said:

People seemed to be annoyed that the 21-year old midfielder we signed from Hamilton for £600k wasn’t the finished article and didn’t step into Murty’s disaster and immidiately dominate.

Strange one. I’m looking forward to seeing what a season of first team football down south does for him.

Well said mate spot on, except for your spelling of immediately lol. 

4 hours ago, Creampuff said:

People seemed to be annoyed that the 21-year old midfielder we signed from Hamilton for £600k wasn’t the finished article and didn’t step into Murty’s disaster and immidiately dominate.

Strange one. I’m looking forward to seeing what a season of first team football down south does for him.

I always liked him, players play better when they are surrounded by better players. The teams we have had the last few seasons have been car crashes. 

He should be brought back and given a chance, if Gerrard believes he is 1 for the future he should tell the boy that and let him know. I think he has a good energy and drive which can spur others players on to move faster, so he deserves a chance.

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Usual on here, if a player doesn't hit the ground running straight away he's garbage and a waste of money. 

It’s crazy that some people were willing to write him off after a handful of games because better and more experienced players than Docherty have come into better Rangers sides than he did and taken time to find their feet.