Docherty

MrMckee

11 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Young Doc has a great engine, attitude, dream etc but I would be surprised if he ever becomes good enough to be Rangers quality. he does however have age on his side so I could end up wrong. Gets better with every Shrewsbury game..... Doubt he will  be better than Arfield, Jack or Dorrans and never in the mold of Ferguson, McCall etc if only to name Scottish midfielders. ( yes I know Arfield technically a Canuck )

If SG can turn around Halliday then he can definitely help Docherty.

Far too early to make any judgement on what Docherty will or won’t do in the game. He has plenty of time to improve, mature and work on the weak areas of his game.

He strikes me as someone who will do absolutely everything he can to improve.

He has lots of first team experience in various positions at a young age, that’s a huge benefit imo.

Get the lad back and playing under a management team who at least have a few braincells between them. Convinced he could and will be a top mid for us yet. Has proved at hamilton he is easily good enough for spfl. With new management and system in place he could be a huge part of our future successes.

On 24/10/2018 at 21:33, Salopian said:

Docherty has been a revelation  at Salop. High energy, neat tidy distribution and a genuine goal threat from midfield, we love him. MOM against both Sunderland and Barnsley in the last two home games. Looks to be enjoying his football and will definitely play at a higher level than us, and deservedly so. He won’t escape the attentions of Championship scouts who always attend our games. 

Neat and tidy distribution 😩😩😩😩

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

And high energy and a genuine goal threat from midfield. Loved by their fans.👍

Fuck knows why you'd pull that segment from an entirely positive post.

“Positive distribution, looks to go forward all the time and create” then it would have been a excellent report card 👍🏻

29 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

“Positive distribution, looks to go forward all the time and create” then it would have been a excellent report card 👍🏻

Then you could have put really excited emojis on your post rather than 4 sad ones for what is a positive attribute in a wholly positive post.

I've never been his biggest fan. I'm not convinced he's playing at a good level either. However if he can come back and prove his worth and ultimately prove me and the people who don't rate him wrong then happy days. He must improve technically though, his physical game was never really an issue.

Listen. I get that Salop are some level behind Rangers. I get that there is a difference between English League 1 and the Scottish Premiership but, what Docherty is getting is raw experience in a very competive league against some biggish clubs, wherever this loan takes him he will undoubtedly be a much better player for it. Quite a number of Championship clubbs have been alerted to his potential

Gerrard has a slightly tenuous link to Shrewsbury, (he was a very regular attender to our games when he was younger because his mate played for us) so I don’t believe it was pure chance that he choose us as Docherty loan club.

Anyway, the big fear for us Salopians is that Rangers recall him in January, we appear certain they will, from the comments on here it looks more hopeful 

• 4 months later...
13 minutes ago, rfc1990 said:

Who or what is a 'Salop'? 

Salop is an old name for Shropshire, historically used as an abbreviated form for post or telegrams, it is thought to derive from the Anglo-French term for the area - "Salopesberia". It is normally replaced by the more contemporary "Shrops" although Shropshire residents are still referred to as "Salopians".

(Shrewsbury is the county town of Shropshire)