Docherty

MrMckee

14 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

Sell him while we can. 

12 minutes ago, SweepSweep said:

nowhere near good enough, take the first offer

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Sell him. We need better. 

Nice to see we're not writing him off...

5 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

He’s raw mate. Usually by his age you can see something. I see the same with McCrorie.  Strong, but footballing ability limited. I’d be a cunt of a coach possibly. 

Disagree, I felt that his technical ability was good, it's just that he was trying too hard and didn't have any confidence.

Playing for Shrewsbury at a level that is better than most teams in our league will do him the world of good imo, it did for Callum McGregor at the tims.

i can see positives about mccrorie and middleton, docherty offers absolutely nothing. I follow youth football quite closely and was astonished Rangers signed him, quite a few folk were amazed. I would honestly take 100k for the boy, we need to improve on what we have this season and he is miles behind them, no get him punted asap

32 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Salop is an old name for Shropshire, historically used as an abbreviated form for post or telegrams, it is thought to derive from the Anglo-French term for the area - "Salopesberia". It is normally replaced by the more contemporary "Shrops" although Shropshire residents are still referred to as "Salopians".

(Shrewsbury is the county town of Shropshire)

Baron Bronzy of Salop speaketh. 

20 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Disagree, I felt that his technical ability was good, it's just that he was trying too hard and didn't have any confidence.

Playing for Shrewsbury at a level that is better than most teams in our league will do him the world of good imo, it did for Callum McGregor at the tims.

No probs mate. It’s all about opinions. 

He's actually very similar to Arfield for me, he's a CM but he looks more effective as a wide midfielder. Might not be the quickest either but his positioning and passing is effective. I think it's unfair to write him off for a poor six months when the entire squad (a few of which are still here and doing well) was pish during that period.

I don't necessarily see him as being an instant presence in the starting eleven, but I think it would be useful to have him as a backup to Arfield, especially considering Arfield has struggled with injuries recently.

9 minutes ago, dee9 said:

Would be absolutely mental not to give this boy a chance on his return.

Cunts writing him off already is the norm with our support now unfortunately.

Give him a full pre season and a chance to prove he's worthy of a jersey....if not then fair enough but he deserves the opportunity.

He will be there at pre-season just like everyone else. If Gerrard thinks he has progressed then he will make it. I won't be holding my breath.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Genuine question here...... Docherty or Rossiter? because there won't be room for both of them especially if we make a new signing in midfield which I expect us to do.

Docherty for me, honestly believe there is a good player there, he wasn’t great last season but then again no cunt was exactly stand out for praise. He’s definitely got potential, showed it at Hamilton big time and I think Gerrard rates him also and the lad will get a chance to prove he’s good enough. 

Pretty sure he will be involved pre season so we will know by the start of the new season whether he’s got what it takes or moved on. 

27 minutes ago, dee9 said:

Would be absolutely mental not to give this boy a chance on his return.

Cunts writing him off already is the norm with our support now unfortunately.

Give him a full pre season and a chance to prove he's worthy of a jersey....if not then fair enough but he deserves the opportunity.

This all day for me. He’s got to be worth a look. 

I think that's a tad unfair for people to be  writing him off so soon. His goal and assist rate for Shrewsbury is very impressive as was the amount of assists he got at Hamilton was also pretty good for them.

In his 6 months here he was played to deep compared to Shrewsbury and Hamilton and didn't meet the standards he reached at those two clubs never mind the extra needed at Rangers

Given the chance he can pick a pass, can break the lines between midfield and defence and get into the box. He can be quite deadly crossing from set pieces to which is always an asset and he has a good engine.

For me he's perfect for playing that role in a 3 that Arfield was playing earlier in the season. Not just that he gives us so much more flexibility tactically in midfield.

29 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

He's actually very similar to Arfield for me, he's a CM but he looks more effective as a wide midfielder. Might not be the quickest either but his positioning and passing is effective. I think it's unfair to write him off for a poor six months when the entire squad (a few of which are still here and doing well) was pish during that period.

I don't necessarily see him as being an instant presence in the starting eleven, but I think it would be useful to have him as a backup to Arfield, especially considering Arfield has struggled with injuries recently.

Agreed, and he’s still young and improving, met him with his parents at the first game against the tarriers this season and even though he was out on loan he was still buzzing to be part of our club, honestly hope he can take the chance when it comes. 

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

I think that's a tad unfair for people to be  writing him off so soon. His goal and assist rate for Shrewsbury is very impressive as was the amount of assists he got at Hamilton was also pretty good for them.

In his 6 months here he was played to deep compared to Shrewsbury and Hamilton and didn't meet the standards he reached at those two clubs never mind the extra needed at Rangers

Given the chance he can pick a pass, can break the lines between midfield and defence and get into the box. He can be quite deadly crossing from set pieces to which is always an asset and he has a good engine.

For me he's perfect for playing that role in a 3 that Arfield was playing earlier in the season. Not just that he gives us so much more flexibility tactically in midfield.

Exactly this, he was a stand out at Hamilton then came  to us when we were absolutely shite. Not the easiest of transitions, especially with the expectations and 21 years old. He’ll be fine in this team I think. 

3 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Exactly this, he was a stand out at Hamilton then came  to us when we were absolutely shite. Not the easiest of transitions, especially with the expectations and 21 years old. He’ll be fine in this team I think. 

Not just playing in a shite team but being completely misused in shite team. I'm still baffled as to why he was the one that got bombed out after that semi-final.