Craig Halkett

Bronzy

5 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

The Sun running the story that we are tracking centre back Halkett, who we freed when Mark Warburton was manager. Also linking him with interest from Blackburn and Sheffield United.

Mark warburton released a centre half? He must be good then.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Easy link to make but he’s been impressive for Livingston since he left us.

Says in the article Gerrard was impressed with how he defended against us, especially against Morelos.

It was probably Alfredo's quietest game for us that I can recall, which is saying something.

17 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Easy link to make but he’s been impressive for Livingston since he left us.

He's been good any time I've watched him, though admittedly I've only seen highlights other than when we played them. But considering McAuley's age and Worrall being a loanee, bringing Halkett back as an option now he's had regular first team football wouldn't be a bad idea - especially if he continues to play well. 

49 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Says in the article Gerrard was impressed with how he defended against us, especially against Morelos.

It was probably Alfredo's quietest game for us that I can recall, which is saying something.

Quietest game I would say was Shkupi away

5 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Barely remember that game as it was so early on in the season it was basically pre-season, think that's also only the second (along with Maribor away) 0-0 we've had all season so far.

Was boring as fuck from what I remember :lol:

4 minutes ago, Siwel said:

I'd discount those games as he was pretty poor home and away. Seems like the management team sussed after that tie that Morelos is the sort who needs positive reinforcement; arm around the shoulder and encouragement. In between that tie and Osijek there were a few photos of Stevie G and McAllister laughing about with him in training, and since then celtic and Livingston were his only poor games. (Well, besides Aberdeen and Ufa away, but for different reasons...) 

7 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Barely remember that game as it was so early on in the season it was basically pre-season, think that's also only the second (along with Maribor away) 0-0 we've had all season so far.

Was boring as fuck from what I remember :lol:

I don’t remember him (or anyone) doing anything in that game and then folk saying it’s one of the worst performances from a Rangers striker they’ve ever seen. Livi away was turgid tho I think that’ll end up being the worst game of the season for most of our players.

4 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

I'd discount those games as he was pretty poor home and away. Seems like the management team sussed after that tie that Morelos is the sort who needs positive reinforcement; arm around the shoulder and encouragement. In between that tie and Osijek there were a few photos of Stevie G and McAllister laughing about with him in training, and since then celtic and Livingston were his only poor games. (Well, besides Aberdeen and Ufa away, but for different reasons...) 

They’re definitely in his head now pal, no chance he finishes that chance on Sunday as emphatically and naturally as he did if it wasn’t for Gerrard giving him the confidence and he definitely wouldn’t have done that last season.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I’m of the opinion that we don’t need squad options anymore, and that anyone we sign should be with a view to being a certain starter. 

Quality over quantity from now on hopefully. 

You virtually always need to be adding squad options imo. Worrall and McAuley are both short-term signings. What happens next season when Worrall & McAuley have both left the club and Katic, as has every chance of happening, is subject to a bid by, say, Fulham or Wolves?

2 minutes ago, teuchterblue said:

You virtually always need to be adding squad options imo. Worrall and McAuley are both short-term signings. What happens next season when Worrall & McAuley have both left the club and Katic, as has every chance of happening, is subject to a bid by, say, Fulham or Wolves ?

Random

Very open to us complimenting more experienced and/or international signings (like Goldson, Katic) with relatively cheap, local players who are right under our noses. A lot of them are destined to peak at 'backup' level but sometimes their potential is fully realised and you end up with a player like Robertson.

I wouldn't mind us spending ~£350K on a player like Shankland for the same reason. They're not going to start for us in Europe but they're just the kind of players who might make the difference in a dreary week-night away game in the Scottish Cup.