Lafferty pulls out of NI squad

Amac9

3 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

They're clearly raging they lost both games :lol:

No chance they do this had they won them. Bitter.

Not true, Michael O'Neill has finally run out of patience with him, he has had more chances with NI and continues to act the dick, he knew what he was doing pulling out of the squad at midnight, knowing that the NI doctor wouldn't get a chance to access his "injury", he left O'Neill right in the shit with Washington and Boyce injured for the Austria game. I have no sympathy for him the IFA are right to invoke the 5 day rule. If he wants to retire from NI duty then do that rather than make up injuries to get out of playing.

4 hours ago, Bears&Reds said:

Not true, Michael O'Neill has finally run out of patience with him, he has had more chances with NI and continues to act the dick, he knew what he was doing pulling out of the squad at midnight, knowing that the NI doctor wouldn't get a chance to access his "injury", he left O'Neill right in the shit with Washington and Boyce injured for the Austria game. I have no sympathy for him the IFA are right to invoke the 5 day rule. If he wants to retire from NI duty then do that rather than make up injuries to get out of playing.

So we as the club should be punished? By imposing a ban that is outwith the international break?

Bollocks

Shutup man if he doesn’t want to play then so what? You told is Jon Flanagan is absolutely shite anol so your opinions have experience of being pish.

, he knew what he was doing pulling out of the squad at midnight, knowing that the NI doctor wouldn't get a chance to access his "injury", he left O'Neill right in the shit with Washington and Boyce injured for the Austria game. 

How can they prove he wasn't injured though? They can't. The rule is also daft that he can't play 5 days later as he supposedly can't be recovered, I'm sure Boyce played against Bosnia on Monday as I heard his name when I watched a bit of it. So Boyce can recover in a couple of day's but Lafferty can't? He should just retire from international football if they proceed with this. 

Lafferty fucked over his football association who have now fucked over Rangers. We're missing a fit player on Sunday, he still gets paid. Imo they've taken this action not because of him withdrawing but how he went about it. And they're right to be fucked off with him.

The only one not losing out here is Lafferty.

We played on Sunday and he called O'Neil on Sunday night. Literally fuck all wrong with that. Called hours after he came off the pitch.

People need to stop saying he fucked them over ffs.

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Lafferty fucked over his football association who have now fucked over Rangers. We're missing a fit player on Sunday, he still gets paid. Imo they've taken this action not because of him withdrawing but how he went about it. And they're right to be fucked off with him.

The only one not losing out here is Lafferty.

We’ve been caught slap-bang in the middle of this fallout between Lafferty and the IFA.

I hope Robertson’s got the IFA’s email address.

Just now, BlearyEyedBear said:

We’ve been caught slap-bang in the middle of this fallout between Lafferty and the IFA.

I hope Robertson’s got the IFA’s email address.

Lafferty should be told to get it resolved one way or another without the club being penalised.

Unless I'm totally missing something...surely the problem here isn't the fact Lafferty declared himself unavailable (players do that all the time) but the fact that we have told the IFA he was actually fit, presumably that's what we've thought/been told by Lafferty himself.

If that hadn't happened then he would've had the week to recover and whilst the IFA might have had their noses out of place, they couldn't have done fuck all as a player can obviously recover from an injury in a week, they can't dispute that, especially if they don't have the chance to examine him themselves.

What they can dispute is the players employers saying he's completely fine. All the blame should be on Lafferty aye because it sounds like he's been the arsehole here but doesn't sound like we've helped ourselves  either.