Lafferty pulls out of NI squad

Amac9

I guess it all depends on his reasons...

If he hung on until the last minute with an injury as he was desperate to play that’s different. If he just thought, I don’t fancy this then he has been stupid. 

If it is the first case then we should have withdrawn him so I imagine it is more the second case, in which case they are right to be annoyed with him. 

Our record against Hamilton in recent times hasn’t been fantastic. We need everyone we can. Gerrard should have words with lafferty and tell him to stop bringing the club into disputes with associations with his actions. It is us that are stuck in the middle and also that are now suffering because of this. We should also speak to the ifa and hopefully a solution can be found - perhaps we suggest they pay his wages during the suspension they have imposed....

11 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

I'm no lover of Lafferty but he should tell them he's retiring from international duties.

Fuck them.

I could be wrong but even retiring from International football doesn’t stop this from happening.

I think that something along these lines happened with Claude Makelele a few years back. He ‘retired’ but was called up by France and had to play in order to not risk being suspended for club.

I don’t think you don’t technically retire, you simply ask not to be considered for selection. 

As I said I could be wrong, I’m not 100% sure.

Have some sympathy for the IFA, but also think it's harsh for us. I think KL is probably the one we should be most angry at because it looks a bit like he's gone about all of this quite badly and left a lot of people in the lurch.

o'neil is trying to pass the buck onto Kyle Lafferty for a string of bad away results, saw that sky were adding up his failures last night and putting the pressure on him so who better to pick on but a handy controversial Rangers player, o'neil by name o'neil by nature! See that's what you get for taking them into the body of the Kirk and saying "he's awright" and give them the job they bite the hand off you! 

19 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Pathetic lafferty should tell them to ram it. To those saying northern Ireland have a point would you be saying that if it was Scotland?

Lafferty is in the wrong but no need to call him pathetic....

Scotland have the right to invoke the ruling, as NI have, don't you agree? Not sure what difference national association makes given it's still our player being prevented from playing.

8 minutes ago, Lothianbear said:

The IFA Should remember who employ's lafferty, think he will have played his last game for NI

The IFA will do what is right for them.

If the club had an issue with a player's I international situation I'd expect the club to do what was right for us, regardless of which national association it was.

You may be right, but I think an apology from Lafferty and the IFA cancelling their requested Fifa ruling ban would be a less drastic response.

29 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

The IFA will do what is right for them.

If the club had an issue with a player's I international situation I'd expect the club to do what was right for us, regardless of which national association it was.

You may be right, but I think an apology from Lafferty and the IFA cancelling their requested Fifa ruling ban would be a less drastic response.

How does this benefit the ifa?

It's embarrassing 

42 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

How does this benefit the ifa?

It's embarrassing 

Not benefit as such but it lets them exert what little influence they have, and in an extremely petty and vindictive manner gets them one over lafferty.

It's entirely embarrassing and neither the player nor IFA come out if it well.

Just now, BLUEDIGNITY said:

So what's that we've had so far this week? oneil trying to fuck us up, the mutton molestors screwing us for tickets, who's next for a kick at us? Fuck it's only Wednesday as well !

Morelos hasn't been yellow carded yet so not all bad?

27 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

NI are playing a silly game here as ultimately Lafferty will miss one game, but they will piss him off and he will prob walk away from international football.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Totally agree, nobody benefits from this action by the IFA