Lafferty pulls out of NI squad

Amac9

8 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Shutup man if he doesn’t want to play then so what? You told is Jon Flanagan is absolutely shite anol so your opinions have experience of being pish.

Then bloody retire and don't mess people about.

These were my comments about Flanagan, i don't see anything in there that is pish.

There was never any chance of him becoming a future captain, the only people who would ever have said that would have been people who would like a local lad being captain (and he was the only local left at the club), no doubt also the same people who nicknamed him the Scouse Cafu lol. He was out of his depth at PL, since that he picked up a really bad injury which kept him out for about 18 months and he has struggled since. I have posted about his negatives, well i'll give you his positives, apparently a great lad in the changing rooms a real joker in the pack, good for team morale etc and on the pitch a very hard tackler, he will never shy away from a tackle. I really just can't see how he would fit in, he has no pace and is poor going forward which i would have thought that is something we would need from our fullbacks etc when we face so many teams who sit deep and invite us on to them.

In terms of what you expect from a modern full back then yes i rate Tav and John as better than him, he is nowhere near as good as either of them going forward, his deliveries into the box from out wide wouldn't be as good either, both Tav and John would have more pace than him as well. If you want to play him as a purely defensive right back not pushing him to far up the pitch then he could maybe do a job as he loves to tackle and is one of those old fashioned full backs who likes to hit a winger with an early hard tackle and see what he is made off. I could also maybe see him being used to see out close games doubling up with Tav in front of him.

The early form thing is a complete myth, when he first broke into the first team he was awful but most didn't hold it against him as he was very young, he then disappeared out of the squad for about a year or so with injuries, he then got fit and after a few defensive injuries he got his chance in the team, he performed better than his first spell in the team but still nowhere near good enough for the PL, that was the season Liverpool finished 2nd, this was his best spell in the team but he still finished that season as the most dribbled past fullback in the PL.

If you had've asked me which Liverpool player I would not like to see at Rangers he would have been second on my list only Conor Randall would have been ahead of him. I'll try to end my post on a positive note, two things he will bring to the squad, hard tackling; he loves a tackle and will never shy out of a 50-50 and he is supposed to be a real character in the changing room, that is one of the main reasons he got to hang around Liverpool so long.

6 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Aye going from.two strikers to one. Fantastic stuff 

Tongue in cheek but I just don't rate him. As inconsistent this time round as he was the last. Great goal and good enough performance against Villarreal but other than that he's been woeful imo.

9 hours ago, plumbGER said:

How can they prove he wasn't injured though? They can't. The rule is also daft that he can't play 5 days later as he supposedly can't be recovered, I'm sure Boyce played against Bosnia on Monday as I heard his name when I watched a bit of it. So Boyce can recover in a couple of day's but Lafferty can't? He should just retire from international football if they proceed with this. 

Very simply because Rangers informed the IFA he was fit and to make matters worse for Lafferty he came off the bench for 3 minutes on Sunday in a game that was dead, do you honestly think Rangers would have risked him playing if he was carrying a bad injury?

The achilles issue he has had apparently from September and has been playing with it as it doesn't bother him too much, now if he had decided that he wanted to use the international break to rest it, then pull out of the squad when the club is informed of his inclusion or when the squad is publically released by the IFA.

If he wants to retire then do that, then everyone knows were they stand.

3 hours ago, Bears r us said:

They played on Monday 15th, as you say that takes us to Saturday 20th. I assume Rangers will have been counting the days as well. :happy:

According to the heart and hand podcast its the end of the international period which is actually Friday so that means he wouldn't be eligible to play until Tuesday. It's a joke really!

4 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Only thing it maybe does is introduces Sadiq for some game time before semi final. 

Its fucking Accies we are playing, play Derek Johnstone up front ant we should still be winning ffs.

Could be a decent pairing tbf 

5 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Only thing it maybe does is introduces Sadiq for some game time before semi final. 

Its fucking Accies we are playing, play Derek Johnstone up front ant we should still be winning ffs.

Sadiq would need to be nowhere near the semi fuck sake :lol:

Don't even have him watch the game, I'll take his seat 

3 hours ago, Iggy666 said:

Michael O'Neill endearing himself to the tartan trannies before getting the Scotland job by trying to fuck Rangers over...  

he wont get scotland job he turned them down the last time then signed a 6 yr deal  i think with n.i   scotland could not afford the pay off