James Tavernier top-ranked defender in Europe - UEFA

MrMeeseeks

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Aye I've fucked that mate. I was meaning he's went to block the shot coulibaly has done brilliantly to nip it off the guys toe but it fell to.the other guy. If LC doesn't get to the guy in centre he's shooting. LC nicks it, but it falls to the guy tav would normally mark but As he thinks the guy in centre is going to.shoot he tries to position himself for the block. 

Once LC nicks it, it falls to.the other guy and its ended up a goal. Sadly 

Agree mate 

2 hours ago, ronniescu said:

50-odd years ago, guys who weren't very good, got into teams to play fullback because there wasn't much to it and us skilfull guys weren't interested in the gig. Don't imagine much has changed lol.

I was more yer Tav type full-back....used to call me Coops "good going forward" Leftboot.

50-odd years ago, guys who weren't very good, got into teams to play fullback because there wasn't much to it and us skilfull guys weren't interested in the gig. Don't imagine much has changed lol.

So guys like Kai Johansen, Eric Caldow, John Greig Sandy Jardine, even Davie Hay and Danny McGrain weren't skillful.  You're a fucking eejit.   

Don’t think you’re giving these guys who played at fullback enough credit. They had a job to do and did it well. I know because I still have the scars going up against them. 

6 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

I watched that goal again. He looks like he anticipates the first guy shooting so stands in a positiob to block however the guy opens his foot and strokes it out wider for the guy to tap in. If tav sticks to his man then the guy in the middle has a simple tap in. Rock and a hard place really 

There were other Rangers players besides Tav in front of the the first player to have a shot on goal, but it was an unkind bounce to the man who scored  and its not the first time Tav, is standing in no mans land whether the opposition score or not. He does bring an attacking threat to our game which can't be ignored.

If he does move to the EPL he will be up against better players almost every game who will punish you if left alone, would make interesting viewing to see if he could still supplement the attack and defend against better sides.

9 hours ago, Teddy77 said:

If he could defend, he'd already play in the EPL. Blessing in disguise for us. Against non-top clubs in EL like Rapid, or against any SPL opponent, we should dominate the game anyway. None of this teams can deal with an attacking wingback like Tav. For every goal conceded that's (in)directly his fault, he is part of at least 5 goals created. I take that each and every day.

This pish again....

Saying he can't defend is bullshit, he can defend, he is just better going forward.

It's not his defending that's the issue, It's the hole left in the park when he is assisting, scoring a bunch of goals that gets exploited and occasionally costs us a goal.  I've seen Tav make a bunch of cracking tackles and clearances.

On 11/10/2018 at 21:09, gogzy said:

This pish again....

Saying he can't defend is bullshit, he can defend, he is just better going forward.

It's not his defending that's the issue, It's the hole left in the park when he is assisting, scoring a bunch of goals that gets exploited and occasionally costs us a goal.  I've seen Tav make a bunch of cracking tackles and clearances.

Take your word for it m8. I've only played FIFA once.... & my 6 year old grandson beat me 5-1.