Edmiston Drive

24 minutes ago, Skelf said:

Met the big man a few year ago when i was working up aberdeen. Had a few drinks with him and his good lady. Could hardly get a word in edgeways ???

Rest easy big man ??

Proper old school characters are a bit thin on the ground now, it seems ED going by all that knew him was certainly one.

It’s a terrible way to go and has a heavy impact on family and friends too. His recent posts and the comments here show that he faced up to the situation and decided when to go on his own terms. I can only hope I would be so brave. Condolences and best wishes to those that knew him and helped him through his pain.

RIP.

Genuinely gutted to read this. I'm so glad he started posting again recently as he was well missed. I've only read the OP, so I hope his condition has gotten better but but having a family member recently go into hospital with cancer and not come back out, I know how quickly things can deteriorate. Especially at his age. I'm hoping to read good news after I hit the post button and read the comments on the last page. 

14 minutes ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Fuckin hate the C word, had too many friends and family fall foul to it. RIP fella

bout time the ‘C research’ that’s had millions upon millions of £££ came up with some worthwhile treatment!!!?

To be fair, my mates kid at 4yr old had a rare form of cancer that only 3 people in Britain had had before him. The tumour behind his eye was so big that it grew out his nose right down below his lips. Know how it's been said dogs can smell cancer? When you walked into his hospital room the smell was horrendous, it was difficult just to stand in that room because of the smell and how he looked. Every single doctor I spoke to and explained his cancer to said he would die. And if you seen him, you would agree very quickly with those comments. But they sent him to Florida for some new treatment that had never been done before and they removed most of the tumour. He is now 11yrs old and is almost 100% healthy. There's still a bit of the tumor there, but it's dormant. He's still considered to be in remission and goes for a CAT scan every 6 months, but for the last 7yr there has been no growth and he lives a normal life. So despite all the shit stories we all know about cancer, there is miracles being done by doctors regularly which couldn't be done without that funding. Just a story to hopefully lift some people. Cancer isn't always a death sentence.