Edmiston Drive

38 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I don’t come on here that much now and I missed this and also a PM ED sent me a few weeks back that I never got the chance to reply to.

Gutted doesn’t cut it, I met then man 3 or 4 times and instantly in his presence you know he was a character and someone you would just enjoy being around. 

Glad I got to hear some of his stories first hand and shared a few drinks and nights in his company. 

A true gentleman and Ranger, I will miss him.

RIP ED wish we met sooner and had a few more meets in us.

That's really sad GF.

3 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

I was supposed to meet him for a beer when I wad on a course in Aberdeen, never managed to meet him for one reason or another. Kind of regret that now, you always expect there will be another time.

Didn't know him so might be talking out of turn here but tried to get him back on after his ban because I enjoyed his posts. I heard he had been back on and banned under a few more names for his antics in the board room section. Half of me thinks he would like it due to his sense of humour and half thinks he wouldn't due to the way he wants a no fuss cremation.

@backup & @Moody Blue Legend might be best to advise if it would be a good lasting tribute to rename the boardroom section after the big fella?

@gogzy

That’s a genuinely nice suggestion mate. Well said. ???

4 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

I was supposed to meet him for a beer when I wad on a course in Aberdeen, never managed to meet him for one reason or another. Kind of regret that now, you always expect there will be another time.

Didn't know him so might be talking out of turn here but tried to get him back on after his ban because I enjoyed his posts. I heard he had been back on and banned under a few more names for his antics in the board room section. Half of me thinks he would like it due to his sense of humour and half thinks he wouldn't due to the way he wants a no fuss cremation.

@backup & @Moody Blue Legend might be best to advise if it would be a good lasting tribute to rename the boardroom section after the big fella?

@gogzy

Good post mate. Above my pay grade though.  All I can say is that personally he loved the debate and that's what it was all about for him. 

45 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

That’s a genuinely nice suggestion mate. Well said. ???

I think everyone can see how respected he was whether you liked or disliked him, im sure there was even a petition in the OT at one point to get him back.

He had a way of telling a story giving just enough info to have you interested without giving it all up on a public forum, there was more than one occasion I wanted to PM him to find out more. its ashame some of the newer posters only got to see him the way he was posting in the last few weeks but I get the impression thats the way he wanted it.

Genuinely sad he is gone

15 hours ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

@gogzy

@cushynumber

I don't really do the Forum anymore, but I had to say that I am very sad at the passing of ED. I never met him apart from on here, but we would PM sometimes; he was very nice guy. I heard purely by chance yesterday, and I have been down about this since then. My condolences to his family.

21 hours ago, mchammer said:

Hard to post feelings when my step father is going back for more chemo again as cancer has spread to liver and lungs. Just "spots" as they say,

but looks like it is just going to keep spreading and getting larger  "spots" now. 

There is absolutely bugger all can be done about it except keep it at bay for a bit longer.  

RIP Ed. It's a hard fight that no one wins. 

All the best. Cancers an absolute bastard.