SFA to boycott Gazzas hall of fame dinner

.Williamson.

This has absolutely nothing to do with his mental health, they have been bombarded by our neighbours and pulled the plug.

The club should not support this event in any way in the future and they should make a point of telling them.

To do this to him in mental health week is appalling 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my mind one of the last few world class talents the british isles has produced. For the public to be given the chance to nominate a person and have the regulatory board throw the toys out the pram and claim some wont attend is bang out of order. I was going to start going through the list of people who have had the honor of being inducted and start pulling them apart but ill go the totally other way and ask, who else would be a worthy recipient of a place in the hall of fame before a guy who played 74 games and scored 30 goals in a 3 year period after coming back from 2 career threatening injuries, a guy who won 2 leagues, a scottish cup and a league cup, a guy who was arguably one of the best (if not the best) at a world cup (italy 90) and a european championship (euro96). 

Gazza undoubtedly has his problems but scottish football is based on players who have demons, some during their playing days and some after but surely its the contribution to the game, however fleeting, that opens the door to the hall of fame, not just because you were a boy scout.

Disappointed 

You got to ask yourself did they ever have any intention of inducting him into their hall of shame? Or was it another chance for them to give the Club another slap in the face ? If there was members against  it surely they would've known about him being proposed for it before it became public ? Something stinks here.

I wonder if any of the brave upstanding and highly moral objectioners on the SFA board will come out to admit their disdain for Mr Gascoigne and state publicly in black and white the “real” reasons for his expulsion from the selection process. I know they won’t (but if they do they will play the victim) they are the snidest back stabbing, shadow dwelling, Machiavellian, lower than whale shite, bunch of humps.

The inferiority complex that those have that remember the 90s will never leave them. 

The bitterness and hatred towards the country’s most successful club is honestly remarkable. 

Btw can we start a petition to have Jimmy Johnstone removed seen as he battered his wife to bits,   or does that not suit the agenda? 

32 minutes ago, markem said:

I hope they get tore to pieces for this. 

Gazza never asked to be nominated or for any of this. 

I’m not joking when I say this but this is Mental Health Awareness Week and they have humiliated and no doubt caused significant stress to a man known to suffer mental illness. 

Appalling. 

This should be highlighted even more to make the bastards squirm. Mental health awareness week and they block someone out on the basis of their mental health . Even though we all know the real reason is bitterness . 

1 hour ago, linnyplant said:

I worked with Jinky in the 1980s at Lafferty builders and found him to be a decent enough guy and he was always pleasant when I spoke with him. I got talking to Willie Henderson at NARSA in Vancouver and he told me he visited Jinky in his death bed.They were great friends.Jinky was a superb player,one of the best of his generation but like many others  the demon drink got the better of him and badly affected his family.. I think Jinky was involved in a car crash when he was drunk and the other driver was seriously injured and it made the papers back then.It was ironic as he got the job of driving Frank Lafferty about as you've guessed it...Frank lost his DL for drink driving.I don't think that drink driving was viewed as seriously in the 1980s as it is now.It certainly didn't stop the celtic fans voting him as there greatest ever player and erecting a statue for him.I guess times and attitudes change over the years

great story but fuck all to do with Gazza and the shameful way he has been treated

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Tbh The whole Hall of Fame is a lot of shite anyway. More of an embarrassment to be included in it imo

If he had never been included or nominated, no big deal, however the way this has been handled is a fucking disgrace Scottish FENIAN ASSHOLES right enough.

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

Anything from Ibrox or just the usual silence, fucking shitebags. 

Exactly, We all know the reasoning behind their decision.

Our club already deserve severe criticism for allowing our players to be attacked undeterred with the Scottish cup final debacle but this will be beyond just mere criticism if they again do nothing. 

I think the worst thing about this is Gazza is too nice a guy to even come out and say anything. He'll probably just accept it and wonder why it's happened.

Love that man and it's a shame he can never seem to catch a break. 

He's in the only hall of fame that matters anyway. 

59 minutes ago, paisleyroad said:

This has absolutely nothing to do with his mental health, they have been bombarded by our neighbours and pulled the plug.

The club should not support this event in any way in the future and they should make a point of telling them.

To do this to him in mental health week is appalling 

As people have said, he has admitted his problems openly. His mental health has been questioned throughout the years.

Although we dont all read newspapers, listen to phone ins etc... this one phrase should be repeated over and over in hotlines, phone ins... throughout the UK.

Fans down south should highlight this to the English media, and let it be known that the SFA is still stigmatising mental health (albeit that may be an excuse by them)

1 hour ago, markem said:

I hope they get tore to pieces for this. 

Gazza never asked to be nominated or for any of this. 

I’m not joking when I say this but this is Mental Health Awareness Week and they have humiliated and no doubt caused significant stress to a man known to suffer mental illness. 

Appalling. 

Great points, and unforgivable with the problems Gazza obviously has.  

Archived